Everton Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s never that easy as you lot found out :( they in all honesty will become everyone’s cup final and if them players ain’t up to it then expect a few years down there ......... crowds don’t mean a thing at the lower reaches because if they did the likes of us , Wednesday and Sunderland and a fair few others wouldn’t be messing around at the levels there at :( .......,, saying that if Everton could muster a win against Chelsea and Burnley the same then it puts Leeds in huge bother ........Leeds next four games are really tough just got a feeling that this will change dramatically over the next few games .......... if Burnley carry on the way they are and Everton do pick up then Leeds are in real danger
So true about the crowds. Big home crowds can create extra pressure in the lower leagues and other teams love going to the bigger grounds. It was tough for City, Leeds, Sunderland, and many others. The weight of expectation can kill you and that's not a problem for clubs like Bournemouth and Fulham. The best chance is to bounce back in the first season because, after that, it just gets harder.

Maybe. We found it relatively ok to be honest. Don’t think we were ever out of the Prem for more than 3 seasons and that was when we went Prem/div1/2/1/Prem. Obviously the likes of Leeds, Forest and Sunderland have though.
We stayed in div 1 for a season before dropping again.

96 - relegated
97 - stayed
98 - relegated
99 - promoted
00 - promoted

1996/97 was the great forgotten season.

In a way, going down can bring the fans back together and the away days are special.
You need to have thick skin and desire. You also see the proper fans that stick together through the good and bad times.
Relegation is a test of loyalty. I've been talking to my brother about it a lot and we're both resigned to the very real probability of Everton going down, but he's still renewed his season ticket regardless. My City fan uncle didn't stop supporting them when they went down the toilet.

Investigation requested. Apology to follow?

BBC News - Everton to ask why Matip challenge on Gordon was not given as penalty in Merseyside derby

If / when the truth about corruption in the PL comes out, I've a notion that yesterday's game will be re-visited as one of the more blindingly obvious examples. Future generations will probably be astonished that everything was so blatant but nothing ever done about it.

Relegation is a test of loyalty. I've been talking to my brother about it a lot and we're both resigned to the very real probability of Everton going down, but he's still renewed his season ticket regardless. My City fan uncle didn't stop supporting them when they went down the toilet.
One year relegation doesn't lose many fans. It is if Everton stay down for 2 or 3 years. But the new ground will keep a number of fans though, I suspect if Liverpool continue to do well Everton may 'gain fans' as people want to stick together even more.

Investigation requested. Apology to follow?

BBC News - Everton to ask why Matip challenge on Gordon was not given as penalty in Merseyside derby
Gordon did exactly the same in a recent Everton game, I think when they defeated Newcastle. Seem to recall he was booked. He gets in front of his man and places his leg and body in front of the defender to draw the foul. To me it’s gamesmanship but should be a penalty; when a defender does it when ushering the ball out, the slightest touch from behind will lead to him collapsing and a foul being given, so the same should apply. He’s just too quick and the defender is too careless. If it were Foden doing it, we’d applaud his speed and cunning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.