Everton Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be very difficult for Everton to bounce straight back given the financial difficulties they face and possible other sanctions. It would possibly take 2 years.

There's a strong whiff of City 82/83 here albeit different times. A team that on paper is too good to go down.

They need proper grafters with quality to get them out of a tough league. Fulham and Newcastle went down in better shape each time they went down.

Clear out the wasters like Lewin, Alli, and the hapless Keane. There's others too who just dont show up from what I've seen and been told by my Evertonian mate. Weed em out. Get Ben Mee as skipper and build a new team with kids and experience.

I hope my hunch is correct that somehow Everton will get out of this but it's based on them being Everton rather than City! If we are in the shit at the end, we invariably fuck it up don't we. In my lifetime anyway....

That's what I keep telling my longstanding Evertonian mate and I hope I'm right for his sake.

Last edited:
Got a good mate who's a toffee. Feel for him cause he had the same experience in school as I did with Rags but with Kopites instead. Everton going down instead of scumbag burnley is a travesty

i think that is what will save them (everton)
because burnley are shocking and sacking the manager with 7 games to go was crazy

In a way, going down can bring the fans back together and the away days are special.
You need to have thick skin and desire. You also see the proper fans that stick together through the good and bad times.
Relegation never bothered me. Shrug of the shoulders and then wait for the fixture list. Even the double relegation I took in my stride. The upshot is that City fans can accommodate any outcome, and I'm certain if EFC end up through the trapdoor the fans will still be booming out at Goodison.

If we go down, we will need to use the academy more and I think Frank will turn to Chelsea and even your youth setup and ask to loan a couple of kids, like he did with Mount and Tomori.

You got any CB's, CM's or Forwards that look decent?

Relegation never bothered me. Shrug of the shoulders and then wait for the fixture list. Even the double relegation I took in my stride. The upshot is that City fans can accommodate any outcome, and I'm certain if EFC end up through the trapdoor the fans will still be booming out at Goodison.
Relegation only strengthened my bond with City. You could say it made the addiction worse. I still find it hard to imagine a 1st Division/Premier League without Everton and a 2nd Division/"Championship" (oh my fuckin days - and don't start me on "League One") with them in it.

Just go dogs of war v Chewwsey and fight fight fight like yesterday. Hopefully the luck will return.

If we go down, we will need to use the academy more and I think Frank will turn to Chelsea and even your youth setup and ask to loan a couple of kids, like he did with Mount and Tomori.

You got any CB's, CM's or Forwards that look decent?

Forget that ? Youth is not the option in the championship
you will need seasoned pro's from the championship and believe me it's the hardest league to get out off.

first thing the championship have not got the officials or VAR, and it's a very poor standard week in week out
also other teams players will kick the shit out of you ? It's a dirty league and the ref's are weak

if you want any advice if Everton go down, this is the best place to look at ? the manchester city fans stuck with it and even when we went down again to league one we got great support that is key

Would relegation necessarily be a tragedy?

Some of my fondest memories as a City fans are of promotion campaigns. The young City team that went up under Machin is one of my favourite eras - I think I went to more games that season than any other.

The promotions under Big Joe and KK were pretty special too. I thought that KK's team with Ali B, Berkovic, SWP, Huckerby etc. was going to be the most exciting I would see in my time as a City fan.

It might do Everton a world of good and at the very least would make life more interesting. Character building they used to call it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.