Everton Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
They really remind me of City 82/83.
Except no-one was talking about the possibly of City getting relegated in early January ‘83. The collapse we underwent after Bond left after losing to Brighton in the 4th round of the cup was catastrophic.

Rafa gets the sack and…….?
Good point!

I guess what I was saying (and clearly failing to convey!) was that in ‘83 we were circa where Palace are at this point of the season and relegation had not been mentioned, whereas with Everton, as this thread conspicuously demonstrates, it has.

I used to have a work mate who supported Everton. Slagged us off at every opportunity and always going on about how they’ve never been relegated.

there isn’t a team I would want to see relegated more than Everton. Every goal they concede makes me leak a little bit of sperm!!

I don't like particularly like or dislike Everton but the hostility of any trip to Merseyside puts them in the negative for me. Have a long standing mate who is an Evertonian though so have always been aware of their progress back to the 80s. They are an example of how spending big does not necessarily equal success. The tide is against Benitez who has inherited a mess but I think they should stick with him because with a little investment he can still build firmer foundations and make them harder to beat. Having said that would we have worn a manager if he'd said City are "a small club" like he did about Everton?

Last edited:
Couple of good Everton lads on here but the club & fans are in my top 6 of clubs I hate. The only game I've been attacked at (when 13) by a handful of roughly 18-25 year olds, a long time ago but like an elephant......

Can't see a relegation certainly not this season but after all that bile over Lescott, "it's easy to win when you have money" & that twat Wainwright crying with joy after getting an undeserved result against us I live in hope.

Don't know much about the inner working at the club but from what I gather there seems to be too camps with Moshiri the majority shareholder who seems to me know little about football, he has some type of relationship with Usmanov Kenwright cant let go but has little power, the other shareholders are fans My nephew and niece have some shares that were left to them by their grandfather
The money that has been put in has been badly invested Moshiri doesn't seem to have a plan, unlike Mansour he hasn't brought in the right people to run the football or business side of the organization
NameNo. of Shares Owned % Owned (of total issued shares)
Blue Heaven Holdings Limited (Moshiri) 93,698 92.16%
W Kenwright CBE (Chairman) 1,750 1.72%
Other Shareholders 6,219 6.12%
Total 101,667 100%

Though it can become a cliche for fans to blame the board, manager, players etc it really is all 3 who deserve it at Everton.
The club need a total clear out from top to bottom, Brands was first to go and there are probably others to follow.
The truth is if you get things right on the pitch, fans forget about the other issues. But we are not, and every facet of the club is being rightly scrutinised. The new stadium took a lot of pressure off initially, but now most fans just want to see progression on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.