Everton Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
General question to Everton fans, have any of you felt for some time that things were not right behind the scenes? Like a sense of foreboding when Benitez turned up, or even long before that? I ask because not being a supporter I don't take a great deal of interest in what happens at other clubs, but your apparent decline seems a bit sudden to me. There must have been warning signs?

Yes mate this has been brewing for a while, id say well over a year. Benitez was just lighting a fire under the unrest. I think what he has(or his appointment/sacking) done is highlight everything at the club thats been going wrong for a good few years now. But although Evertonians have seen it coming, there is no reason fans of other teams would be aware of it really.

i think that kenwright was behind the rafa appointment , maybe trying to undermine the owners ? , i really cant see any other way rafa would have been appointed, would be like us appointing ferguson, he just wouldn't be accepted at city ,and would of been like rafa ,one bad run away from anarchy , get rid of kenwright ,get the right people in,otherwise it will go from bad to worse.

Usmanov is behind the scenes too dont forget. Im suprised the two of them are billionaires to be honest looking at the way they run us!!

I dont think the stadium is at risk as thats where the profits are coming from, especially as the whole dock is being developed so the value will increase.

I worry about the team. Players on big wages and cant imagine many will have relegation clauses, so we will be stuck paying them in the Championship if that occurs. As said previously, I think if we do go down it will be another Sunderland.
Try and offload a few of the underperforming, overpaid players to Newcastle. They are desperate at the min with cash on the hip ;)

Everton have came unstuck. The crying over the match postponement with city. I can’t remember if you voted for FFP and if you were involved in writing letters to uefa/premier?

I have always had time for Everton as a club but over the last 10+ years you seem to have drifted further away from the community club I identified with. Damn shame as I was hoping you could have challenged the red socks across the road.

Last edited:
Everton can still feel rightly aggrieved at the post Heysel ban, the team was shit hot and would have certainly gone from strength to strength. Only the dippers should have been banned, but all English teams supporters should have been banned from travelling.

Everton can still feel rightly aggrieved at the post Heysel ban, the team was shit hot and would have certainly gone from strength to strength. Only the dippers should have been banned, but all English teams supporters should have been banned from travelling.
It was harsh. Cannot say we would have won the European cup, but that team was pure talent.

Rangers seemed to sign every decent English player after Heysel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.