Everton Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think that kenwright was behind the rafa appointment , maybe trying to undermine the owners ? , i really cant see any other way rafa would have been appointed, would be like us appointing ferguson, he just wouldn't be accepted at city ,and would of been like rafa ,one bad run away from anarchy , get rid of kenwright ,get the right people in,otherwise it will go from bad to worse.

Kenwright didn’t want Benitez because of his Liverpool connections and knowing how it would end up.

Dunc the most sensible option, doubt players will take the piss or not put effort in with him funnily enough. Whether he can do well for the rest of the season remains to be seen but the experience he has gained working under so many managers hopefully serves him well.

Try and pick up points, generate a better atmosphere around the place and look at who is available in the summer.

Moshiri needs to get a decent DoF in first let him run the football side and resist the urge to meddle. Should be going all out for Campos but doubt he would come here, probably has the pick of clubs.

They do say that the quickest way to become a millionaire is to be a billionaire and buy a football club.

I know football isnt like any other business but surely some of the same principals apply. Get the best people you can into top positions.

I just think that they are obviously not here day to day and Bill the salesman has pulled the wool over their eyes about whats going on. If they were here, I cant see them putting up with it.

I know football isnt like any other business but surely some of the same principals apply. Get the best people you can into top positions.

I just think that they are obviously not here day to day and Bill the salesman has pulled the wool over their eyes about whats going on. If they were here, I cant see them putting up with it.
That's why we are so thankful for our owner. We certainly don't get everything right, as anyone who's tried to buy a beer at half time will tell you, or our pricing strategy, but we get pretty well all of the really important things right.

The football world should be praising our owner and the people who run the club as they're a shining beacon of good ownership, compared to the know-nowts, general incompetents, asset strippers and assorted shysters who seem to be well in the majority across the football world.

Last edited:
Everton can still feel rightly aggrieved at the post Heysel ban, the team was shit hot and would have certainly gone from strength to strength. Only the dippers should have been banned, but all English teams supporters should have been banned from travelling.

That was a great superbly balanced Everton team with quality in abundance. I'm convinced that barring bad luck they would have won the European Champions Cup in 85-86. The actual final between Barcelona and Steaua Bucharest is 2 hours of my life that I will never get back. The Dippers unsurprisingly have no shame and even have at least one "Steaua" banner.

your spot on about heysel.. even a life time ban for liverpool in europe should still be in place
all them people who lost love ones must hate watching liverpool and their fans in europe now

but i still never understood the ban on all english clubs ? yes i know hooligans was running riot in england. but was it just the english fans ? i remember man city fans swopping scarfs with away fans from europe in the late 70s

can i ask did the ban extend to liverpool after the ban was lifted or was all english clubs allowed back in at the same time
I think Liverpool got an extra year ban? from what I can remember.

It was how they taunted Everton with Steaua Bucarest flags and songs after they won it in 1986. The year Everton would have took part in the competition. That was sick. I mean, people died at their game and they found it funny to laugh about a ban that they caused.

And they where still putting up that banner until a few years ago. Laughing at the dead. Sick bastards. To be fair a lot of their fans hated that banner.

And that is why I will cheer when City lift the prem this year and make them sick.

I think Liverpool got an extra year ban? from what I can remember.

It was how they taunted Everton with Steaua Bucarest flags and songs after they won it in 1986. The year Everton would have took part in the competition. That was sick. I mean, people died at their game and they found it funny to laugh about a ban that they caused.

And they where still putting up that banner until a few years ago. Laughing at the dead. Sick bastards. To be fair a lot of their fans hated that banner.

And that is why I will cheer when City lift the prem this year and make them sick.
Swept under the carpet the end

Everton were one of the elite big teams, the Merseyside team I remember most from the early 70's and the similarities with City over the last 40-50 years are there for all to see, having to live with despicable media loving red neighbours who unfortunately enjoyed their most successful periods during this era. I don't know if Howard Kendall left the Toffees solely due to not being able to compete in the European Cup but it must have had some effect I would have thought? Hope they get sorted and while I may not be so complimentary in time it would be far more satisfying to see Everton above their red rivals

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.