Everton Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue is supposedly over stadium payments or interest on loans for the stadium. Im not going to pretend to know what they are or who is right.

From Athletic

Everton argued that £17.4million worth of interest payments were used for their new stadium project and should not be included in their PSR calculations, but when the commission found in the league’s favour, that shortfall left them in breach.

With the 2023 summer window already closed, Everton were unable to do business in the market to recover the amount, leaving them at risk of a breach in 2022-23 as well. Almost overnight, the club’s internal forecasting was put out of kilter, with pessimism quickly setting in over their attempts at compliance for the latest cycle.
If that is true then the PL are behaving as badly as the Post Office bosses did in the recent scandal. The whole point of exempting infrastructure from PSR is to encourage investment. It is ridiculous not to include relevant interest payments in that exemption. The PL claims it wants to see more sustainablity but does nothing to prevent clubs running up debt. This is just not a credible position.

To be fair mate they are being dragged round the back bent over the skip and being dry bummed by the representatives of the cartel clubs.

Granted they voted for it but still.
Isn't the fact they voted for it the whole point though.

Back in 2013 they did it to maintain their position and tried to fuck over clubs trying to spend their owners money to improve.

We have told fans of other teams for years this was just to benefit the red tops but nobody cared. Now finally after all these years one of the turkeys want us to feel sorry for them at Christmas.

The issue is supposedly over stadium payments or interest on loans for the stadium. Im not going to pretend to know what they are or who is right.

From Athletic

Everton argued that £17.4million worth of interest payments were used for their new stadium project and should not be included in their PSR calculations, but when the commission found in the league’s favour, that shortfall left them in breach.

With the 2023 summer window already closed, Everton were unable to do business in the market to recover the amount, leaving them at risk of a breach in 2022-23 as well. Almost overnight, the club’s internal forecasting was put out of kilter, with pessimism quickly setting in over their attempts at compliance for the latest cycle.

Sounds like when UEFA moved the goalposts after our accounts had been submitted when we were originally fined and “took a pinch” instead of fighting it.

I can’t stand Everton but I hope they can fight this and get their points back because the system is stacked against anyone who dares to compete with the usual suspects.

Yep 50m for a shovel and a photographer
That’s a bit unfair, what about the bribes to the Dipper supporting ex Mayor Joe Anderson and his fellow bent cunts on the Council, they surely got a greasy back hander off those feral bastards.

Points deduction.

Relegation.

Takeover collapses.

Stadium left unfinished.

Insolvency.

My overwhelming response is to think this is a terrible thing to happen to a football club, but then I speak to an Everton fan, or see their online discussions or fan media and I make my peace with it.

They have no love for us, not aware they ever did anything for us. Were massive cunts about Lescott and Stones because they thought they were bigger than us. Fuck em.

I particularly loathe this self pitying “the Premier League is against us” shite and their stupid Mayor trying to win a few votes by getting involved.
He’s not their Mayor; he’s the mayor of Greater Manchester.

It's all well and good saying which clubs are being sanctioned for breaching the higher limit rule of 105 million, but I cannot for the life of me understand how United, Chelsea and Newcastle, amongst others, haven't breached the lower limit rule of 15 PSR million (I am not sure how United avoided the higher rule either, tbh). It's no coincidence those three are all trying to offload players. These clubs would be expected to provide evidence what the PL calls "Future Finaical Information" and "Secure Funding" and, if they can't show Secure Funding, they can be subject to budget constraints. Why so coy? Even UEFA lists which clubs are subject to ongoing review.

Once again, the whole process is completely opaque, and is bound to cause suspicion. They should issue a summary of every club's results for each three year rolling period, the costs allowed to be deducted (in total, if they are worried about confidentiality) then everyone can see that the rules are applied fairly and what the consequences are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.