Everton Thread - 2023/24

We admitted the charge, the argument was always that the punishment was way over the top.

No idea what this means for the second breach, however one of the commissions points was about using the EFL as they were the closest guidelines available. If thats the case, the EFL doesnt have double jeopardy. Two of our big overspend years have already been punished in the 6 points. Be interesting to see what happens next.

Also, a lot of our ITK's have said Forests overspend was a lot more than our £19.5m and there were no off field factors so they maybe hit hard.
You shouldn’t be penalised twice in the same season just because that’s when they get their act together and complete investigations.

The penalty should have a time frame for the punishment to be imposed meaning, for example, a two year period. So if you breach in 2020 the penalty is imposed two years later.

Punishing the players and fans who have done absolutely nothing wrong. They are effectively giving someone who messed up his tax return the electric chair with United, Liverpool and Arsenal's hands on the switch
Punishing players who want out as soon as the first hurdle is encountered or fans who scream for more signings every fucking transfer window?

You shouldn’t be penalised twice in the same season just because that’s when they get their act together and complete investigations.

The penalty should have a time frame for the punishment to be imposed meaning, for example, a two year period. So if you breach in 2020 the penalty is imposed two years later.

I get the need for punishment in the same season as it benefits the clubs who you are affecting by overspending.

Unfortunately for us we are getting punished for this season and previous seasons in the one go, which isnt fair. Those points deductions due to sporting advantage in previous seasons only benefit Luton, Forest etc. Not Leicester/Leeds/Saints (or whoever went down) it doesnt help them at all.

Im more concerned about what comes next.

There’ll always be differing scales of mitigation to be considered, so whilst having defined tariffs would be beneficial, it’d be the same as any judicial system insomuch as different outcomes would still exist for the same monetary breaches, pendent on why and how the breach occurred.
Fairly simple nuances that the average man in the street has neither the time, inclination, or brainpower to understand..

I get the need for punishment in the same season as it benefits the clubs who you are affecting by overspending.

Unfortunately for us we are getting punished for this season and previous seasons in the one go, which isnt fair. Those points deductions due to sporting advantage in previous seasons only benefit Luton, Forest etc. Not Leicester/Leeds/Saints (or whoever went down) it doesnt help them at all.

I for one hope you shove whatever penalty they impose upon you down their throats mate.

I’d love to know the formula the PL uses for calculating punishment regarding money spent resulting in a sporting advantage. It’s not an exact science, lots of clubs spend lots of money badly and win nowt.

Your second paragraph is the point I was clumsily making. It’s unfair that they group two season’s overspends and set the punishment in one season. Skin to double jeopardy. That’s why there should be a set timescale for penalties otherwise the suits decide who stays in the league based on when they investigate.

It’s all so amateur from the PL but we already know this hence been charged with having the grass too high!

At the end of the season there will be clubs threatening to take action against the PL if Everton are fewer than four points above the bottom three.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.