Everton Thread - 2023/24

This 'you voted for it' narrative is soo boring and outdated. That was a dead man in a different climate and sounds bitter.

Its like us saying to Newcastles fans, well Ashley voted for it 10 years ago its your fault the richest owners in the league cant spend now.

Regardless of what happens with us, I cant see us being in another position where we can spend bit to try and compete, but I still think the rules still need changing for the likes of Villa and Newcastle to at least be able to have a go.

This 'you voted for it' narrative is soo boring and outdated. That was a dead man in a different climate and sounds bitter.

Its like us saying to Newcastles fans, well Ashley voted for it 10 years ago its your fault the richest owners in the league cant spend now.

Regardless of what happens with us, I cant see us being in another position where we can spend bit to try and compete, but I still think the rules still need changing for the likes of Villa and Newcastle to at least be able to have a go.
Don’t lick red arse so much and it wouldn’t be an issue. In reality they’ve sent the bench mark for 12 pts this season so anti football Sean needs a few more 0-0s in last 12 games.

Lots of debate around the appeal outcomes coming out after the season has finished, but I have a question from Luton’s perspective.

If Forest or Everton have say 4 points deducted and if it were 5, then Luton would have stayed up, can Luton appeal the decision if Everton or Forest drop their appeals?

I must take issue with you regarding the take you offer on the 'You voted for it' thing.

Before I do, let me say (as I have several times here over many years) that I wish your club well regarding this FFP nonsense. Along with Birmingham City, I've long regarded Everton as my 'other/other clubs', having grown up watching the great 1962-63 champion side including Alex Young and then as a student in the Midlands enjoying the Brum side that included the Latchfords, Geoff Vowden and (oh my, what a player!) Trevor Francis.

But to get to the point. To me, it is wrong to claim this FFP situation is 'boring' and 'outdated'.

It is current, it is existential, it is right now.

The debate around FFP simply MUST include discussion of just who supported its introduction, if only for those parties involved to learn the lessons that must be heeded when next they're in meetings with the other PL clubs to discuss the future of the English game. If this isn't done, the same mistakes (eg being influenced by the wishes of the 'Red Cartel') will be made over and over and over again.

For more than a decade, many of us Blues (most especially PrestwichBlue, ProjectRiver, Petrusha, Tolmie et al) have been warning friends, family and others who share our love for the game and who support other clubs, that what has been foisted upon us by the people who control football in England (and yes, it IS the 'Red Cartel' and its hangers-on which has driven all of this) would have the negative impacts that have now emerged for all to see.

And we haven't just been saying so in this forum alone but in chats and conversations whenever and wherever we can engage with folks in sensible debate about these matters, rather than in the stupid tribal nonsense that is so prevalent online.

For my part, I don't believe we can deal with (rectify?) the nonsense that is the PL's FFP farrago unless those responsible take a long, hard look at all of the lessons that are emerging right NOW. I'm sorry but the modern, Internet generation's impatient tendency to 'move on' and 'let's get to the next bright, shiny thing as quickly as we can' isn't going to get us anywhere with this one.

The people responsible for what has emerged in recent months MUST take ownership for what they have enabled to be visited upon our game by the 'Red Cartel' and its desires and agendas.

Only then will they be able to do anything to solve these problems and avoid repeating them in the future.

Any road up, good luck to The Toffees (and to Forest).. and here's to my beloved Blues raining on the parades of the 'Red Cartel' this season and for many years to come..!

I must take issue with you regarding the take you offer on the 'You voted for it' thing.

Before I do, let me say (as I have several times here over many years) that I wish your club well regarding this FFP nonsense. Along with Birmingham City, I've long regarded Everton as my 'other/other clubs', having grown up watching the great 1962-63 champion side including Alex Young and then as a student in the Midlands enjoying the Brum side that included the Latchfords, Geoff Vowden and (oh my, what a player!) Trevor Francis.

But to get to the point. To me, it is wrong to claim this FFP situation is 'boring' and 'outdated'.

The debate around FFP simply MUST include discussion of just who supported its introduction, if only for those parties involved to learn the lessons that must be heeded when next they're in meetings with the other PL clubs to discuss the future of the English game. If this isn't done, the same mistakes (eg being influenced by the wishes of the 'Red Cartel') will be made over and over and over again.

For more than a decade, many of us Blues (most especially PrestwichBlue, ProjectRiver, Petrusha, Tolmie et al) have been warning friends, family and others who share our love for the game and who support other clubs, that what has been foisted upon us by the people who control football in England (and yes, it IS the 'Red Cartel' and its hangers-on which has driven all of this) would have the negative impacts that have now emerged for all to see.

And we haven't just been saying so in this forum alone but in chats and conversations whenever and wherever we can engage with folks in sensible debate about these matters, rather than in the stupid tribal nonsense that is so prevalent online.

For my part, I don't believe we can deal with (rectify?) the nonsense that is the PL's FFP farrago unless those responsible take a long, hard look at all of the lessons that are emerging right NOW. I'm sorry but the modern, Internet generation's impatient tendency to 'move on' and 'let's get to the next bright, shiny thing as quickly as we can' isn't going to get us anywhere with this one.

The people responsible for what has emerged in recent months MUST take ownership for what they have enabled to be visited upon our game by the 'Red Cartel' and its desires and agendas.

Only then will they be able to do anything to solve these problems and avoid repeating them in the future.

Any road up, good luck to The Toffees (and to Forest).. and here's to my beloved Blues raining on the parades of the 'Red Cartel' this season and for many years to come..!
This will never happen until these fans and clubs remove these green eyed goggles they wear.

I get why your fans say it but its referring to something from about 10 years ago and the man who sat in that boardroom agreeing to those rules is now dead. That was a lifetime ago and to be honest, was in a period without a 24hr news cycle and social media so fans didnt hear everything like they do now.

It doesnt matter to us if they stay or get scrapped as we are light years away from breaking into the top 4-6 but im not saying to Newcastle fans that they reap what they sow as Ashely voted for the rules that are now preventing them from pushing on. I believe they should be allowed to spend ££.

I get why your fans say it but its referring to something from about 10 years ago and the man who sat in that boardroom agreeing to those rules is now dead. That was a lifetime ago and to be honest, was in a period without a 24hr news cycle and social media so fans didnt hear everything like they do now.

It doesnt matter to us if they stay or get scrapped as we are light years away from breaking into the top 4-6 but im not saying to Newcastle fans that they reap what they sow as Ashely voted for the rules that are now preventing them from pushing on. I believe they should be allowed to spend ££.
I think what he's trying to say though, is that your club(s) need to 'own' this, as in "Our club voted for this even if we didn't personally, and we need to ensure we as a club don't make a similar mistake in future".

I think what he's trying to say though, is that your club(s) need to 'own' this, as in "Our club voted for this even if we didn't personally, and we need to ensure we as a club don't make a similar mistake in future".

I think we did as they wernt one of the scab 6 and also voted for multi club ownership more recently. I think Wolves switched their vote at the last minute.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.