Everton Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Everton are in desperate straits.

Luton is dog turd and Sheff U is not much better. But that still leaves a place and unless they really come round Everton is going to fill it. Gives me no particular pleasure to say so as it will give the grievers something to celebrate.

I was born in 86, so I've got no memories of Everton being much more than a decent mid-table size with proper fans in a city full of plastics, so I have nowt against them.

But you can't keep flirting with relegation like they have. But while I think it's their time I really do worry what becomes of them if they go down, and don't for a second buy into any of this "will be good for them". It'll be good for them like it's been good for Derby or Bolton. And I do think the premier league will be poorer without them in it, but no club deserves it based on that fact alone. We learned that the hard way in the 90s.

Last edited:
Looking at their Fixtures I’d say they could be on around 15 points by the end of the year, they would have a chance of staying up but it’ll be tough. Think if they can make a couple of astute signings, a goal scorer is a must, they’ll be better positioned. A Centre Forward doesn’t need to be top class, Danny Ings type play who can put the ball in the net against their relegation rivals.

I know he probably wouldn’t return there but they should be busting a gut to take Lukaku on loan, even just until the next transfer window, he’s in limbo at the moment training on his own at Chelsea and seemingly burnt his bridges at Inter and Juve don’t want him. I’d be seriously worried if I supported Everton, tough situation.

A year in the Championship could be the catalyst for a clear out and a refresh for the club , although the new stadium could become a noose around their neck , apparently a big invester has now backed out although the sound bites from the club is it will not affect the completion of the stadium , it must seriously have an effect on their transfer activity.
Would be interesting if the "People's club" will fill their new stadium whilst playing the likes of Plymouth , Preston & Rotherham.
People said the same when we went down in 96.
Was a disaster and would be even bigger for Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.