Everton Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until there is a complete clear out of the board they will be shit. Selling their best players, zero youth product to shout about, no world class players for donkey’s years, terrible transfer in policy… the list is woeful but it all starts at the very top. Moshiri came in with loads of money but fuckin clueless ideas about football. He needs to pay somebody to be him - somebody who knows how to run a football business. Somebody like Khaldoon (as if) or Garry Cook as chief exec. Get the top football brains in in all departments and pay them top dollar. Once the structure is in place you’re half way there. Moshiri went at it like a bull in a China shop with fuck all ideas and idiots like Allardice and Benitez fucking it up even more.

I was born in 86, so I've got no memories of Everton being much more than a decent mid-table size with proper fans in a city full of plastics, so I have nowt against them.

But you can't keep flirting with relegation like they have. But while I think it's their time I really do worry what becomes of them if they go down, and don't for a second buy into any of this "will be good for them". It'll be good for them like it's been good for Derby or Bolton. And I do think the premier league will be poorer without them in it, but no club deserves it based on that fact alone. We learned that the hard way in the 90s.

It’s worrying what could happen paying off that stadium if they end up in the Championship for a prolonged period of time. Some teams bounce back straight away others can spend decades out of the Premier League.

I was born in 86, so I've got no memories of Everton being much more than a decent mid-table size with proper fans in a city full of plastics, so I have nowt against them.

But you can't keep flirting with relegation like they have. But while I think it's their time I really do worry what becomes of them if they go down, and don't for a second buy into any of this "will be good for them". It'll be good for them like it's been good for Derby or Bolton. And I do think the premier league will be poorer without them in it, but no club deserves it based on that fact alone. We learned that the hard way in the 90s.
They were a fantastic team in the mid eighties; twice league champions in three seasons in that era, along with a FA Cup and a ECWC. They were robbed of two European Cup campaigns by the actions of their lovely neighbours at Heysel. And, in my opinion, they would have been in with a real chance of lifting the European Cup.

There plus point is Luton and Sheff U will be going down. They will be in the bun fight for the other slot.
That's what they'll be hoping for. Don't forget Bournemouth last season, though. They were dead in the water around Jan/Feb time, then they suddenly put their arse into gear and ended up surviving relatively comfortably. Now, granted; it's unlikely. But if one of those two you mentioned do the same this season, there may be two spots to avoid.

They should have won 3 or 4 nil against Wolves and been out of sight so that's the only positive I see there. I just don't know who will grab goals if Calvert isn't about. If he's not injured he's wearing some slags knickers

They were a fantastic team in the mid eighties; twice league champions in three seasons in that era, along with a FA Cup and a ECWC. They were robbed of two European Cup campaigns by the actions of their lovely neighbours at Heysel. And, in my opinion, they would have been in with a real chance of lifting the European Cup.
That team were up there with any of the much fabled rag and red dipper sides imho.

How are these skint fuckers spending £30m on a striker? More debt piling up? Thought they need to be shopping in league 1.

I remember the brilliant Everton team of the 80's. So many good players including Reid, Steven, Stevens, Sheedy, Sharp, Gray and (briefly) Lineker. They more than anyone lost out due to the disgraceful antics of their red neighbours.
The football landscape could have been very different if that team had stayed together.

It’s worrying what could happen paying off that stadium if they end up in the Championship for a prolonged period of time. Some teams bounce back straight away others can spend decades out of the Premier League.
Stadium, wages, contracts, ffp responsibilities, ownership model, the lot.

The teams that are tending to bounce back up on parachute payments partly build into their structure the distinct possibility they'll be back in the championship sooner rather than later.

The teams that get stuck down there are the ones that had no plans to be there in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.