Everton Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if they get to your level, the level they want. 12 points to you now may mean a struggle for the title but you would still piss the CL spots.

Cant see them making CL as it stands. It will take them 5 or 6 years to get to where you are due to the restraints. All the while, yourselves, Arsenal, Spurs etc can still spend on quality players too. So they will always be playing catch up really if the follow the rules.

Lightbulb moment.

A business should be allowed to make as much money or lose as much money as it fucking wants imo.

No **** should have the right to interfere with that.
We invested in our business and will bring jobs and prospects to many with the new stadium. No other business model operates with the ethos that the PL insists. It's madness and I hope if anything comes out of this it is the end of FFP.

I can’t feel any sympathy for the club having voted for these fucking ridiculous rules in the first instance.

Hung by their own noose.

I do however feel sympathy for their fans. I know a lot of Evertonians and can honestly say every single one of them are sound as a pound.

Absolutely scandalous that this mess kicks them in the bollocks like this.

Shouldn't Everton fans be angry with their own board of directors rather than the Premier League, after all they have admitted breaking the rules. Similary if City admited cheating,(they haven't) and were docked points and titles then my anger would be with the club and not the Premier League. That is why there are rules to be adhered to.

Shouldn't Everton fans be angry with their own board of directors rather than the Premier League, after all they have admitted breaking the rules. Similary if City admited cheating,(they haven't) and were docked points and titles then my anger would be with the club and not the Premier League. That is why there are rules to be adhered to.

You only have to google the ongoing protests at the owner and the board. The fans know who is to blame for even putting us in this position and have been voicing their displeasure for over 2 seasons at the incompetence of the people running the club.

We know exactly where the blame lies but the attention has been turned on the PL due to the outrageous punishment of a 19.5m breach.

Some of the main protagonists in this , moshiri apart are either no longer with the club or with us at all. Baxendale etc left with golden handshakes, so any protest at what's left of the board would be futile in my opinion. The PL has it's own agenda in this and the repercussions will not end at Everton. There will be claims and counter claims, possible libel suits, we messed up but we owned up and any punishment should be proportionate

Some of the main protagonists in this , moshiri apart are either no longer with the club or with us at all. Baxendale etc left with golden handshakes, so any protest at what's left of the board would be futile in my opinion. The PL has it's own agenda in this and the repercussions will not end at Everton. There will be claims and counter claims, possible libel suits, we messed up but we owned up and any punishment should be proportionate
You messed up on stupid rules designed to keep the status quo. Rules designed to ensure Everton’s proud history remains just that, history. I think (maybe) the poster you were replying to meant why own up to breaking rules designed to keep you out of the top 4-6 (for any sustained period). When you deal with The Premier League you deal with is an organisation that has its hierarchy approved by Manchester United and Liverpool whilst they still hold a gun to their heads regarding a Super League. Co-operating with them is (imho) naive.

That said, Everton board, staff, management, squad and fans need to pull together and fight The Premier League rather than each other. I sincerely hope that’s what happens. Everton are being used as a pawn and it’s totally disrespectful and thinly veiled in terms of their agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.