Everton Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think this punishment is well OTT. As other posters have said, more serious transgressions have in the past been punished less. It stinks of one rule for some and another rule for others. The real ones to suffer here are the Everton supporters. What was it that some football bigwig once said - "Football is nothing without the fans" ?
Everton must appeal against this, and I'm sure they will. IMHO a fine would have been sufficient - it was for Chelsea.
What worries me is the thought that the PL is preparing the ground to do something similar to us, even if we do indeed have the irrefutable evidence that Khaldoon talks about. The game we all love is going to pot.
This is the first punishment handed out by the PL regarding FFP breeches, so there is no precedent in place.

All the fines were for UEFA breeches.

My infantile business brain still can't compute this financial rule from PL ffp; it appears that clubs can post 'acceptable' losses of £105m over a three year period. Now, with sustainability also in the mix, simply put, how the fuck can any business operate sustainably with losses like that? Doesn't matter that it's a football club, could be Waitrose. No business will survive with losses like that. Scaled up or scaled down relative to the size of the company it's the same reasoning no? Losses should not be allowed full stop, not accepted.
What fucking world do you live in, some of the largest and most important business in the globe have posted huge losses.

Its part of business, owners invest huge sums and often take huge hits to expand, including a certain Sheik Mansour, it's called investment, and to punish anyone for doing so is a fucking joke.

Last edited:
What fucking world do you live in, some of the largest and most important business in the globe post huge losses.

It part of business, owners invest huge sume and often take huge hits to expand, including a certain Sheik Mansour, it's called investment, and to punish anyone for doing so is a fucking joke.
Yup

Remember British Airlines loosing millions a year and getting bailed out by the Government as they were a “Flagship Airline”

Yup

Remember British Airlines loosing millions a year and getting bailed out by the Government as they were a “Flagship Airline”
It's happens every day the world over and without it competition ceases.

Although in the case of the Premier League/UEFA that was the exact reason it was brought in, to protect the existing "elite" clubs.

Shouldn't Everton fans be angry with their own board of directors rather than the Premier League, after all they have admitted breaking the rules. Similary if City admited cheating,(they haven't) and were docked points and titles then my anger would be with the club and not the Premier League. That is why there are rules to be adhered to.
They should be ashamed on an owner building a new stadium, investing in a team to attempt to compete to win titles?

Why the hell would ANY fan be angry with that?

FFS Neville is demanding that the rag owners do the same thing!!!

Last edited:
Add Apple, Microsoft, Tesla, Morgan Stanley, Virgin,Fedex and Amazon to that list.

Correct. Any business that wants to expand needs to invest. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but that's life. All that football needs is a mechanism for protecting the "community asset" so it survives any repercussions of a failure. Well, that and better owners, of course. None of these stupid FFP rules. I suspect the new regulator will understand this and make changes, which is why some are sweating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.