Everton Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PL adopted a sanctions policy on August 2023, after we had been referred. It was 6 points to start then 1pt for every £5m. Ours was £19 or £19.5m

So they just decided on the punishment after already knowing what our breach was then didnt even interperet their own set of guidelines for the punishment.

The points deduction for Everton is well over the top for such a 'minor breach'
Minor breach hmmmm I'm sure someone hasn't even been charged for bigger losses.
I wonder who that could be and why they haven't been charged?
It's clear and obvious why they've received such harsh penalties.
It's us.
You've only gotta look at the way it's being reported.
Unfortunately Everton are getting the shitty end of the stick because the so called 'elite' clubs want a precedent set for us.
Hopefully they can get it reduced under appeal.
My biggest problem with all this.
Something I posted in the charges thread..

All this talk from clubs suing other clubs is disgraceful.
I would boot them out of all leagues if they go ahead with this.
You have to let the football governing bodies deal with it whether you agree with it or not.
I’d include us in that if we’d decided to sue Liverpool over the hacking scandal.
Use Leicester as an example.
They want to sue Everton cos they got relegated but are totally ignoring the fact they got promoted to the premier league by failing ffp.
Hypocritical cunts.
It’d also open the floodgates.
Where would it stop?
Not just relegation, clubs could say you cost us league positions, top 4, knocked out of cups etc..
If the PL and FA really has clubs financial best interests at heart they need to put a stop this nonsense right now.
Everton aren’t exactly one of my favourite clubs but I don’t wanna see them risk going out of business because other clubs are being greedy because they wasn’t good enough on a football pitch.

The sooner we get an independent regulator the better.
Certain clubs have far too much influence within the premier league and this goes to show it's got nothing to do with fair play or financial stability, it's about protecting the cartel and they couldn't give a shit whether a club goes to the wall just as long as they're alright.

Chelsea havd admitted to stuff havent they, albeit saying look we have found this under our previous ownership.

Not right that new owners or again, the fans, are being punished for Abramovic dodgy dealings. So lets see what happens.

But then you could say the same about us. Kenwright DBB, Ingles, Sharp have gone from the incompetent board and Moshiri will probably be gone soon.

We invested in our business and will bring jobs and prospects to many with the new stadium. No other business model operates with the ethos that the PL insists. It's madness and I hope if anything comes out of this it is the end of FFP.
I’m now quite happy with FFP. We want to keep it.

We warned your team, Bates,Moyes et Al. You were too busy hopping into bed with the others thinking this would benefit you. Reap now what you sow.

The PL adopted a sanctions policy on August 2023, after we had been referred. It was 6 points to start then 1pt for every £5m. Ours was £19 or £19.5m

So they just decided on the punishment after already knowing what our breach was then didnt even interperet their own set of guidelines for the punishment.
Chelsea will ask for their points deduction to be amortised over 8 years.

Last edited:
Chelsea havd admitted to stuff havent they, albeit saying look we have found this under our previous ownership.

Not right that new owners or again, the fans, are being punished for Abramovic dodgy dealings. So lets see what happens.

But then you could say the same about us. Kenwright DBB, Ingles, Sharp have gone from the incompetent board and Moshiri will probably be gone soon.

I would have thought Sharp would have been ideal for your board. What did he do wrong?

Some of the main protagonists in this , moshiri apart are either no longer with the club or with us at all. Baxendale etc left with golden handshakes, so any protest at what's left of the board would be futile in my opinion. The PL has it's own agenda in this and the repercussions will not end at Everton. There will be claims and counter claims, possible libel suits, we messed up but we owned up and any punishment should be proportionate
Personally I think this punishment is well OTT. As other posters have said, more serious transgressions have in the past been punished less. It stinks of one rule for some and another rule for others. The real ones to suffer here are the Everton supporters. What was it that some football bigwig once said - "Football is nothing without the fans" ?
Everton must appeal against this, and I'm sure they will. IMHO a fine would have been sufficient - it was for Chelsea.
What worries me is the thought that the PL is preparing the ground to do something similar to us, even if we do indeed have the irrefutable evidence that Khaldoon talks about. The game we all love is going to pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.