Everton V City Post Match Thread

OB1 said:
Bluemanc100 said:
citymad said:
MOTM anyone ?
For me it was Merlin. The commentators simply couldn't say enough about him.He was brilliant today, shame he wasn't on a winning team.

some other very good performers today: mangala, hart, DM, Zabba, Clichy, Nasri, F and F, Jovetic and Navas.

Merlin by a mile

Not even debatable today, IMO. The lad just plays the beautiful game and was a delight to watch today; needed better end product from his team mates.

Agreed. Bony will have an absolute field day when he has this little genius picking him out.

Silva_Spell said:
mancity1 said:
Look at this way maybe

47 points from 21 games this year , 47 from 21 last year.

Chelsea 3 points better off at the same time last year with two additions that have made a big difference to their line up so when push to comes shove they are not the dominate force that most think they are.

We have more upside than they do.

More often than not the best defence wins the title and which all the injuries we have had as opposed to Chelsea its little wonder we are behind them but only two points at this juncture I will take that for now.

We'll need more that the 86 pts we got last year tho.

Chelsea have a much kinder away fixture list too.
Yep, this is the problem. Most likely 89 - 92 points is needed to win title this year. Need to start a new winning streak.

Always a good point away at those twats, their cup final today even more so than playing the dippers.

I thought we should have been up at half time but wasn't overly concerned as I thought they'd tire in the second half. They actually improved and I thought the 2nd half was pretty even, let's be honest Joel barely had a save to make.

The conditions were poor and we seemed to panic a bit at times, classic case of when we miss Yaya as he'll just slow the game down and keep possession.

All in all, certainly no disaster.

On the individual front, no one had a shocker, everyone was just average.

Chelsea are wobbling atm. No injuries to speak of and just shading us. On a level playing field we'll overtake them, they cant live with us. Just need a good run with players available and we will do the business.

homerdog said:
chicagoblues said:
homerdog said:
I can see why he's getting a lot of game time; he works really hard and tracks back, gets in good positions, etc. It's just that his final ball is so disappointing! Towards the end of the game he got the ball in a great position, and there were about 4 attackers in the middle, but his cross didn't beat the first defender...
Give it a rest will you?
You starting to sound like a broken record now.

Why? I don't see anybody disagreeing with me!

Navas is a grafter ,and he brings the ball 40/50 yards out of defence on many occasions , his final ball is a lottery though and he needs to be more composed when he gets goal chances , apart from that he works his socks off for the team and never shirks a challenge. Not a bad player at all , and he is consistent , hes never had a real stinker of a game , but also never man of the match , gives a 7 out of ten performance every time , dont knock it.

jimmygrimblesboots said:
Is that 14 games unbeaten ? You wouldnt think so with some of the moaners on here , weve got Barcelona in the champs league , favourites for the last 16 in the FA Cup , within 2 pts of the Premeirship lead , and a £30m centre forward ready to sign on the dotted line , and very nearly a full fit squad , its really shit supporting City.

Exactly! Well said!

Surely not everyone on here has only been a City fan for the last three years?!

We need to shoot more often, we were looking for that perfect tap in goal. At least Jovetic gave it a go and was unlucky with a couple of efforts. The Navas chance was a big miss. When you think about it we should've been 4-5 goals up in that first half on chances alone.

ChicagoBlue said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
Is that 14 games unbeaten ? You wouldnt think so with some of the moaners on here , weve got Barcelona in the champs league , favourites for the last 16 in the FA Cup , within 2 pts of the Premeirship lead , and a £30m centre forward ready to sign on the dotted line , and very nearly a full fit squad , its really shit supporting City.

Exactly! Well said!

Surely not everyone on here has only been a City fan for the last three years?!

Don't know about you but some of the stuff we played today was mesmerizing, just missed that final end product. Probably the most entertaining team certainly in the premier league if not the world at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.