Everton V City Post Match Thread

Vienna_70 said:
Disappointing to draw after taking the lead so late in the game and considering our recent record at Goodison.
It's a shame all our pressure in the first half couldn't produce a goal and when we finally scored, I thought we'd go on and win the game. Great header from Dinho, but a shame we couldn't build on it and take all three points.

That's the title race over now, I suppose, considering Chelsea won today.

Great to see Sergio back on the field, but he did look a little rusty. I doubt the time he had on the pitch today will do him any harm, though.

Title race over really?

Have faith I'm not sold on this invincible Chelsea nonsense that the media keep trying to shove down our throats, We are more then capable of winning at Chelsea.

Have to say had a feeling it was going to end up a draw,but once we went infront I thought we would have kicked on and scored again,the zab challenge wasn't a free kick which led to their goal,and my only criticism of hart was (and did pull off a couple of good saves)when coming to punch the ball forget about who's infront of him and take ball and player/s out as unless you are extremely unlucky the ref 99/100 blows up for a foul on the keeper.normally a point away to Everton is a good result but considering how poor they have been it is two points dropped,suppose they will mug their fans off again next week when they revert to getting beat again...

hello said:
Overall it was a good performance individual error & some awful finishing dropped 2 points. but to have dropped 4 points over the festive period with the striker situation is something I am sure most of us would have took at the time the news broke. It probably adds a bit to the next two games, but given how poor we've been in places this season to only be 2 pts behind at this stage is nothing to be sniffed at.

Spot on, need to look at the wider picture. No matter what form Everton are in or we're in, Goodison is always a tough match. If we can beat Arsenal and avoid defeat at Chelsea, that's a huge month out of the way, key players getting back to full match fitness and Yaya returning from ACON next month, at worst 2 points off Chelsea and we push on with Sergio finding the form he was in before injury.

MancunianCitizen said:
Vienna_70 said:
Disappointing to draw after taking the lead so late in the game and considering our recent record at Goodison.
It's a shame all our pressure in the first half couldn't produce a goal and when we finally scored, I thought we'd go on and win the game. Great header from Dinho, but a shame we couldn't build on it and take all three points.

That's the title race over now, I suppose, considering Chelsea won today.

Great to see Sergio back on the field, but he did look a little rusty. I doubt the time he had on the pitch today will do him any harm, though.

Title race over really?

Have faith I'm not sold on this invincible Chelsea nonsense that the media keep trying to shove down our throats, We are more then capable of winning at Chelsea.

I'm suspecting that you have missed some sarcasm; certainly hope so.

Disappointing result but always a tough fixture. Not worried, the arrogance of Chelsea will make them lose points before the end.

Im sure quite a few people on the match thread have never seen us play before.
begining to understand the people who are now starting to call some of our support as plastic.

Funny how lots are moaning because Everton turned up and put maximum effort in against us. That's what happens when teams play at home v one of the big boys.

Okay Hart made an error for the goal but oh so many short memories. That save v Naismith in this fixture last season ? The save from Lukaku at the Etihad earlier this season ? Both world class saves which arguably got us 4 extra points.

Fernandinhio was looking like he wanted to cry at the end of the match as his goal wasn t the winning one.But Pelle didn t seem that dissaponted !
The absences and the picture of the match make him believe that the 1 point is good enough for the team.He seems that his focus is to reach 86 points rather than Chelsea. He replaced Jovetic with Aguero avoiding to make the team more attacking,he kept in the match Navas because of Baines threat fear and finally he made his 3rd sub at stoppage time).
It is obvious that set-pieces is our main weakness (attacking and defending) and things are getting worst when we making unnecessary fouls near the box.
We made a lot of shots but they were off target.
Between Silva and Hart i choose Hart as our best player today because he stopped Lukaku twice from giving the lead to Everton

soldierblue said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
soldierblue said:
Yep fair one, then may be he should be employed elsewhere, as an exhibitionist, juggling a ball

10 posts in 10 years, and the last two a load of shit. I smell Stretford........

A rag now, coming from somebody who lives in Exeter great, mate I Have been in the arm forces for over 35 yrs and now work in Iraq, Internet is not a given for me however I have been blue since I was 5 yrs old born and bread in Blackley. And yes not to many post but just look where I posted from you Throbber, before you make assumption.

Then my apologies to you. Your post total together with the absurdly negative content had all the hallmarks of a Bluemoon rag stooge, that's all

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.