Everton V City Post Match Thread

We could and should have been well ahead in the first half hour but we missed to many opportunities. 2nd half the crowd were up for it, they felt aggrieved at having a goal ruled out, since they were still in the game this was always going to feed down to the players. We should never have let this situation (where they were still in the game) arise. We have done this countless times, we need to be able to control games and not give teams and crowds a sniff in a game. I felt - again - City would not hold on to the lead.

Everton had nothing to do with playing us and they went up a level, they were shit and nervous in the first half and we let them grow into the game. this is a team in the worst form in the league and we don't take the game to them from the off, That is just stupid.
It appears that City have not won away in the Prem. for 2 years - when Yaya is not playing.
We can moan - like we do about Yaya - but we will miss Yaya at Chavs.
Mangala is a problem. He is erratic. Lukaku bullied him today, and some of his passing was awful. Other players too - passing not good enough.

Jimmygrumbleboots has NAVAS sorted...............

Navas is a grafter ,and he brings the ball 40/50 yards out of defence on many occasions , his final ball is a lottery though and he needs to be more composed when he gets goal chances , apart from that he works his socks off for the team and never shirks a challenge. Not a bad player at all , and he is consistent , hes never had a real stinker of a game , but also never man of the match , gives a 7 out of ten performance every time , dont knock it.

Top post

Bilboblue said:
Maybe a few of you need to pull your heads out of your arses and stop slagging individual players off, we win as a team, we draw and lose as a team, either get behind us or fuck off somewhere your ilk will welcome you, like trafford.

Why don't you fuck off?

homerdog said:
Bilboblue said:
Maybe a few of you need to pull your heads out of your arses and stop slagging individual players off, we win as a team, we draw and lose as a team, either get behind us or fuck off somewhere your ilk will welcome you, like trafford.

Why don't you fuck off?

Apart from the trafford comment, he is spot on.

Far too many have completely lost grasp of this being a team sport and just how tough it is week in week out in arguably the best league in the world.

homerdog said:
Bilboblue said:

Why don't you fuck off?
There's far too many "city" fans on here who just pure abuse players saying Hart needs to be dropped is laughable. Navas is shit, its also comical.
I see a lot of people saying this person is amazing etc then when they have a bad game (which I don't think either did) they all pour on here saying they should be dropped or replaced.
Some of you need to get a grip we drew which isn't the end of the world and we have a lot of games left like the above post said if you don't like it go show your terrible support elsewhere

blueinsa said:
homerdog said:
Bilboblue said:

Why don't you fuck off?

Far too many have completely lost grasp of this being a team sport and just how tough it is week in week out in arguably the best league in the world.

I disagree mate, the cunts from trafford would gladly welcome them.

blueinsa said:
homerdog said:
Bilboblue said:

Why don't you fuck off?

Fine to comment on where we we let ourselves down both individually and collectively but personal abuse I thought was against house rules.

blueinsa said:
homerdog said:
Bilboblue said:

Why don't you fuck off?

That's the bit I object to! I don't see why we can't discuss the performance of individual players. My comments about Navas were only critical of his crossing ability - a view which is shared by many on here, for good reason!

Look we don't have a poor squad or we wouldn't have kicked arse in the last 3 years.

Commenting on areas of improvement for players is legitimate. Calling them c*nts, wankers or whatever when we should be getting behind them 100% is absurd.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
I thought this was a very respectable performance considering that we were again without Vinnie or either of our two first choice strikers and we had no Ya Ya either. Had Sergio been match fit for 90 minutes we'd have been coming home with three points. At least he got some valuable pitch time in. We did dominate the ball, are a very accomplished team but just lacked someone to put the ball in the net. Whatever people say about Everton's confidence and form there was nothing wrong with either today - we dominated a very good side. We do look dodgy at the back at times, but so did they in the first half, but more often than not it was our creative play which made chances, which we had no-one to take, rather than poor Everton defence! I don't think, however, that their goal was the result of a mistake from Joe. Baines delivery was superb and no-one of ours ever managed to attack the ball (or get anywhere near it, in fact). At the time I was screaming to know what Joe was doing, but having seen it again I think he did all he could do. It was just a classically good cross and header. There were some suggestions at the time that our goal was offside because their 'keeper was ahead of Ferna, but some of ours said he was clearly onside. Anyone give any clarification?
3 Everton players kept Ferna on -side

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.