Everton V City Post Match Thread

yeah whatever !! said:
argyle said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
How we go again. Haven't won so every player we have is dogshit,wank etc.
Some people need to grow up a bit. Good 1st half poor finishing. Thought we
dropped off 2nd half and to concede to THAT goal so soon after leading is criminal.
The 2 defenders watching Naismith run off them should shoulder as much blame as Hart.
But overall it's a point and nothing is dead and buried yet. Plus we're still in the FA cup
and Champions League. Chill FFS.

You and those like you are the ones who need to chill. No one has said every player is crap. People have however criticised those who had a bad game.
Page 1 of this thread says otherwise fella..and for good measure try page 4.

and most of the others..

We certainly did not play like title contenders. Some poor performances all over the pitch.
IMO Milner should have played in place of JN.
Toffees got away with some disgusting fouls which weren't punished by the Ref, they should have been down to at least 10. Even then, I think we would have struggled.
If we cannot beat Arsenal at home next, then I think our chance to challenge Maureen & the chavs will slip away.

stonerblue said:
yeah whatever !! said:
argyle said:
You and those like you are the ones who need to chill. No one has said every player is crap. People have however criticised those who had a bad game.
Page 1 of this thread says otherwise fella..and for good measure try page 4.

and most of the others..

Tis true fella...

Oh if only Newcastle had their shooting boots on yesterday, this thread would have been different...too many on here believe Chelsea to be infallible...they're not.

If Everton had put half the effort into their last 4 matches, they might have won a few! I thought our performance was good over all with some lovely passing and movement movement between the Jovetic, Nasri and Silva.

Mangala had a few hairy moments. It would have added to the entertainment if we'd just put a pair of cage fighting gloves on him and Lukaku before the kick off and left them to it. We put ourselves under unnecessary defensive pressure because of the personnel selected, if ever there was a game for Jimmy to be on the left against those bin dipping cloggers it was this one. We must have been aware this was going to be their cup final, so we needed the points more than the performance.

Kun got a little run out which was good to see albeit he was understanderbly rusty. Although we controlled the match in the main, we didn't seem to have an abundance of clear cut chances which was disappointing seeing as their keeper looked a little shaky on occasions and Stones looked as ragged as fuck.

A sense of perspective required by some people on here. I'm not a happy clapper but some people yesterday were straight into any player who miss hit a pass, lost the flight of the ball or failed to hit the target with a shot. All the time the wind was blowing at 30 miles an hour plus, and the rain was coming down in bucket fulls. It must have been a nightmare for defenders out there yesterday in those conditions and definitely suited a team who are good at set pieces, have a huge lump upfront and are at home. All in all I thought we coped pretty well, had huge amounts of possession and but for some wayward finishing in the first half could have won it.

mosssideblue said:
lasereyes said:
Paulpowersleftfoot said:
Mangala played really well in the first half up against a real handful in lukaku,he did seem to lose a bit of confidence after the booking but the hare he gets on here and in the media is disgusting. He's a young lad ffs in his first season in the premier league

Agree to an extent, but he doesn't look a 32 mill quid central defender either now or in the future (and yes, I am making a call on how he will evolve which can be dangerous). If he had cost 20 then fair dos.

He didn't price himself at £30+m.
Milner doesn't look a £26m player, Fernandinho doesn't look a £30m player and neither does Mangala, but a player is only worth what someone is willing to pay. We needed those players, they wanted to come so the selling club has every right to maximise their asset whether we like it or not.

As for £20m rated Bony, see the above......

BlueAnorak said:
warringtonblue said:
The amount offree kicks we give away around the box (Zabba. MDM & Mangala) and with someone with a delivery like Baines, its always likely that we will concede.
To be honest I'm surprised we've conceded so few from these areas this season
Got to agree with this. Why do we try and take the ball away when it really isn't on - it simply leads to a free kick and an attempt on our goal.
Conversely for long periods of most of our matches we have possession in and around the opposition's box, they do not attempt to take the ball, they just hold their ground making it hard to play through them, the result - very few free kicks given away, sometimes none at all.

Think we will just fall short in the title race, if we should now fail to beat Arsenal and then Chelsea in the next 2 league games.

Played OK yesterday, but need to be more clinical when in control of the game and take chances. Hopefully Aguero can do this in the next 2 league games for us with Kompany adding a little more for us in defence.

On current evidence Jovetic just seems short of the high standards we want now from all our players. If we can get to after the Chelsea game level or ahead or even only 2 points off, them maybe Bony (if we sign him) + Aguero will fire us to the Title. (with Edin as backup chipping in when required) and a settled central pair of Kompany + Demichelis or Kompany + Mangala.

If after the Arsenal and Chelsea games we are 4 + points behind the leaders I think that may well be it, and we then need to ensure finishing above Trafford.

I want to put in my word in favour of Jesus Navas and have my say on Mangala, since they seem to be the scapegoats of choice.

Navas has improved greatly since he arrived and has developed into a genuine midfielder. A year ago he was a lightening quick winger who left full backs for dead and then, all too often, hoofed the cross far too long. Now he is much more attentive to the defensive part of his game (influence of Zaba?), breaks quickly through the middle or down the flank and gets us up the field quickly. In the games against Everton this season and last it has been noticeable how little Coleman and/or Baines have got forward. Jesus's reluctance to cross first time is a frustration, but their isn't always anyone to cross to, especially with all our strikers out, and his finishing is patchy. But overall I think Jesus is a valuable member of the squad and well worth his place in the team.

Mangala cost £30m+ - hardly his fault - and has given some very patchy performances, from a stunning display which nullified Costa completely, to an own goal, a penalty conceded and a sending off! There are those on here who argue that he is young and that he needs time. On GMR last night Fred Eyre was pointing out that time was the one thing you rarely got in the Pl, and on the whole this is true. Not at City though, Fred! Pellegrini believes the lad will get better and more consistent with time and his is an opinion which commands respect. He can also point out that he has already been proved right in the case of MDM, who struggled a year ago, but then grew into what Pellers said all ong that he was - a calm influence of immense experience who reads the game exceptionally well. Calm enough it turns out to organise the Argentine back line in a World Cup final!

And yesterday Mangala came face to face with Lukaku. In case we forget he is a £25m striker of real pace, good close control and enormous raw power. He's a bit inconsistent himself, but on his day (eg yesterday!) he's more than a handful for any CB.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.