Everton v City post match

hart would have conceded those too. None were his fault. You're deluding yourself if you think we lost because of a dodhy keeper. It's just too easy to play quick counter-attacking football and slice straight through City. We have one Kante in our team: Fernandinho and central defenders who dive in (otamendi) and Stones who I am not sure about. I was reading on here that some people think Otamendi has been one of our best players. Unbelievable. Terrible signing.
I never said that's why we lost today. I said Bravo is a big reason why Pep's style won't work. If your style involves having a keeper who let's in around 70% of the shots that end up on target, it doesn't matter what style you have, you will concede as many as you score. There no confidence in him actually making a save and that breeds panic in the back line for me.

We are kidding ourselves if we think teams are upping their game against us. They know they're playing a good team, yes, but I don't think they do anything more than get encouragement from our inability to score... the longer it goes on, the more they feel they can win.

Our style of play hasn't altered all that much in the last 5 years. There have been moments when we've looked like a counter attacking team, but they are relatively rare moments...

You can safely predict the following from City:

1) We will not counter attack in numbers - only 3 max
2) We we become hesitant around the box - I can't remember the last time a player ran into the box in possession of the ball, we almost always want to pass our way through it.
3) We have only 3 players with genuine shooting confidence - Aguero, KdB and Yaya.
4) We are not good in the air. There is very little danger of a cross finding an aerial threat in the box, and we're easily bullied in midfield and defence my tall physical players.
5) We think possession will naturally lead to more goal scoring opportunities and therefore result in us winning regularly. It probably does, but it's not enough to win the PL.

First half was quite even, De Bruyne played some really threatening passes/crosses and there were three or four occasions when we came close to scoring. Enough to be encouraged with going into the second half.

Early goal in the second half was a huge blow but there was plenty of time to respond. Total lack of creativity though. Too narrow, all our attacking players trying to play in the same, central, areas.

Worrying though how many convincing defeats we're having nowadays though. 11 times we've conceded three or more since the first of last season. 6 times we've conceded four.

Between the start of 10/11 and the end of 14/15 we were only beaten by three goals once (by Arsenal with 10 men when Boyata was sent off). Since last season we've had three 3 goal defeats and 2 four goal losses.

On the bright side, we finally gave two young English kids a chance to shine....just a shame they were playing for Everton!!

No, we are miles from being a match winning side, the defense has zero confidence in Bravo for the simple reason he has neither talent or input, while even average keepers direct their defense (They are the one player able to watch things develop by reason of facing play) to cover danger Bravo hops about a bit in silence before letting even the most hopeful attempts fly past him.
Its a sign of just how bad its become when we are praying for Willie to start (Bless him but he`s not top draw by any stretch of imagination).

I would rather have perrry suckling in goal. And I do mean at his current age and unfit.

Just started too calm down, that performance was one of the most gutless I've seen since the takeover, not a single player or coach comes out with any credit.
We are easy to play against, pointless passes, no urgency, no shape or direction, were weak in the tackle and lack grit.
I want to see youth given a chance, that Davies lad for them although should of been carded at least once was all over the show, why didn't we have Garcia on doing the exact same thing, Sane has pace to burn so why no utilise it.
Pep needs to suck eggs and admit Bravo isn't upto it, his lack of presence and ability leads to panic to an already shaky defence.
We need a Komps of a few years ago, if not sign a big ugly strong leader as a centre back, Stones looks brittle, Otto is a brain fart away from diving in and doesn't hold his position, the less said about the fullbacks the better.
Stop playing KdB on the left, he is lost and wasted and his frustration shows, keep Raheem on the right and on the right only, Zabs and YaYA are club legends but they shouldn't be the fulcrum together in the middle, let Kun play in the middle on the edge of the box where he can turn and disrupt defenders.
We have been hampered more than most with injuries, suspensions and bad reffing decisions, we still don't know what our best system is and we rotate far to much.
Top 4 is slowly slipping away and that would be a disaster given the level of investment and expectations from above, Pep your supposed to be one of the best in the business, please start to listen, stop being so stubborn, teams know how to play us and that to me is worrying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.