Everton v City post match

We need some passion, unfortunately only 3 of our senior players truly love this club and are passionate leaders, one is on loan in Italy, one is trying his hardest but is clearly past his best and the third just can't stay fit long enough to make an impact.
Fuck me that makes for depressing reading.

Yes we are not clinical enough up front, not strong enough at the back, don't have enough fight or spirit, but the question I want to ask (which I asked in the match thread just before it crashed) is: Sterling gets the pen, yaya scores, would we have won today?
I'd say no.

hart would have conceded those too. None were his fault. You're deluding yourself if you think we lost because of a dodhy keeper. It's just too easy to play quick counter-attacking football and slice straight through City. We have one Kante in our team: Fernandinho and central defenders who dive in (otamendi) and Stones who I am not sure about. I was reading on here that some people think Otamendi has been one of our best players. Unbelievable. Terrible signing.
How did West Ham get on against the same defence last week with a keeper that talked to the defence, organised the defence, and the defence had confidence in?

Am I right in thinking that we've all been waiting for Pep to join for possibly the last couple of years.

Now some want him sacked

It nearly breaks my heart that we didn't push on after 93-20.

We really did have the opportunity to dominate & create records,legends & a dynasty.

The PL has subsequently changed & the opportunity has probably gone for ever.

We've let the rags off the hook yet again.

This

hart would have conceded those too. None were his fault. You're deluding yourself if you think we lost because of a dodhy keeper. It's just too easy to play quick counter-attacking football and slice straight through City. We have one Kante in our team: Fernandinho and central defenders who dive in (otamendi) and Stones who I am not sure about. I was reading on here that some people think Otamendi has been one of our best players. Unbelievable. Terrible signing.
I do concede that Otamendi hasn't set the world alight, or shown frequent enough moments of brilliance, but I refuse to accept that he's a terrible signing, apart from the fact that we play a system that makes every defender look poor. Remember when we had a solid defensive base with Mancini, and Kompany and Nastasic or Lesctott looked amazingly solid together, well 2 of those aren't amazing defenders, but they looked it in that system, and the opposite is true now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.