Everton v Manchester City |16th| Official Matchday Thread

Not underestimating Everton but we will pass the ball around them easily. Tevez will rip them apart up top and I think this might be a comfortable win 2-0. Think should drop petrov for this one and let SWP or robbi play!

CTID

phuzion said:
Way to 'support' your club. Accepting defeat in a agame against Everton is pathetic. If we truly consider ourselves a top 4 club, a result against Everton should be a high probability.
When City were struggling, did you always expect City to win every game?

Having seen Everton recently, I don't think we will beat them at their place. That doesn't mean I don't support City, just means I think Everton will be stronger at home, than City away.

I think this is a key game for a number of reasons.
We are now on a a good winning run and Mancini is obviously very keen that we continue that. Confidence is everything in a football side, which is why he was so pissed off with the goal we gifted Blackburn...not because it affected the outcome but because it could have.
Lapses of concentration against better teams will get punished...Everton are one of the better teams and I think a win here really makes a statement for our League campaign and puts us on a very positive footing for the Semi Final game on tues.
Anything less than full commitment and focus from whichever team he picks and we could see the opposite effect.
Is there a chance that minds will be on the semi...Possibly but I think this is where the new boss has shown a difference.
I believe he will approach this game with the right team and in a focused manner.
Come On You Blues.

Blue Tooth said:
I think this is a key game for a number of reasons.
We are now on a a good winning run and Mancini is obviously very keen that we continue that. Confidence is everything in a football side, which is why he was so pissed off with the goal we gifted Blackburn...not because it affected the outcome but because it could have.
Lapses of concentration against better teams will get punished...Everton are one of the better teams and I think a win here really makes a statement for our League campaign and puts us on a very positive footing for the Semi Final game on tues.
Anything less than full commitment and focus from whichever team he picks and we could see the opposite effect.
Is there a chance that minds will be on the semi...Possibly but I think this is where the new boss has shown a difference.
I believe he will approach this game with the right team and in a focused manner.
Come On You Blues.

that's a good post.

something in me still says, with the two semi's, the fourth round, and the three extremely winnable league games following this one, a point would be a good result. but we can beat definitely beat this lot. they are not the force that they were a year ago, they don't have a lot of pace or that much craft to really bother us.

having said that, they pose a much greater goal threat than any team we've faced so far under mancini, and this is a big game for them. the fans are certainly up for it. dead right to say that the right team and right attitude is needed tho. we can't afford to have one eye on tuesday once the whistle blows. everton are as streetwise as it gets. any repeat of our defensive lapses and we could stuggle badly.

2-1 to city.

robinho? would be a good game to play him alongside a big striker, IMO. he is looking very sharp again, and has the kind of movement and close control to waltz around the likes of their second choice centre halves.

bizzbo said:
that's a good post.

something in me still says, with the two semi's, the fourth round, and the three extremely winnable league games following this one, a point would be a good result

Thanks...Given their (Everton) current form I would settle for a point too but I do think another win would really make people sit up and look.
I would love to see us keep another clean sheet.That would be a result.

Could be a tough game, Everton have been on pretty good form lately.

Zabaleta ---- Richards ---- Kompany ---- Garrido
------------------- De Jong ---- Barry --------------------
Petrov -------------------------------------------- Bellamy
------------------------- Robinho ----------------------------
-------------------------- Tevez ------------------------------

Use SWP, RSC and Vieira as subs.

Polari said:
Could be a tough game, Everton have been on pretty good form lately.

Zabaleta ---- Richards ---- Kompany ---- Garrido
------------------- De Jong ---- Barry --------------------
Petrov -------------------------------------------- Bellamy
------------------------- Robinho ----------------------------
-------------------------- Tevez ------------------------------

Use SWP, RSC and Vieira as subs.

i'd start swp and rsc and keep bellers and maybe even tevez on ice

I don't think there is any chance Bellers will play this one. Robbie in I think. If I remember rightly, Robbie tore their right back to pieces at this fixture last year.

No reason why we cannot win this game.

We beat them quite comfortably for one of our only two away wins last season.

They are missing their best two players and have won 2 in their last 14 games.

Hardly the greatest of runs now is that.

Yes they got draws at Chelsea and Arsenal but we have beaten both those sides in the league this season.

If we won 2 from 14 we would calling for the managers head and some quality reinforcements.

Ok we have a number of players out injured but the players we have available are doing the business.

Provided we stay focussed and switched on we shall get something from this game.

Our squad is far superior to Everton's and if they play to their best Everton will not be able to cope.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.