Everton v Manchester City |16th| Official Matchday Thread

squirtyflower said:
ElanJo said:
RSC is the worst buy I have ever seen at City. 18 million for a crock. MH and ADUG need their heads examining.
let's blame hughes for the shit performance

its not mancinis fault,were just ot good enuf yet

Battered by the modern day Wimbledon. We defended too deep and waited for the inevitable. Ref has been piss poor as well.

The final 30 minutes of that half were just as poor as the "effort" at White Hart Lane and on par with the worst performances of the Hughes Era. Watching your midfield get bossed around by Everton is one of the saddest sights a Premier League fan can see. When you're making the likes of Fellaini look good in the midfield, you should be ashamed.

City looked the better side early on, with Everton sitting back and letting the visitors dominate the game. But as soon as Moyes cranked up the defensive pressure, City looked panicked and lost all composure. It was as though they thought they were playing away at Chelsea, not a side in the bottom half of the table with one win in their last nine.

Robinho and Petrov never should be on the pitch at the same time. There's enough work rate in the side that City can afford to have one guy pulling out of tackles and getting pushed around by opponents -- but two such players in the team is too many.

And that Everton opener was an absolute joke. Why de Jong was separating from the wall I'll never understand. The relatively poor free kick went right where he should've been.

And Richards's foul in the box was as stupid a penalty as has been given away in the league this season.

Somud said:
And people here wanted Robinho as a left midfielder for the game!

People need to realize, that we can't control the midfield in such a tough and aggressive away match with only 2 in central midfield! We need to control the middle and that is not going to happen with such a lineup which Mancio is forced to play.

i think you are bang on. Mancini has been forced to play this team pretty much. We are patched up against a physically stronger team-doesnt explain why Petrov is playing on the right-it infuriates me!

Got to be SWP for Petrov...

It doesn't look good, not good at all, but we've still got enough talent to get something out of the game IMHO.

Come on City!!!!

Sky Blue said:
Battered by the modern day Wimbledon. We defended too deep and waited for the inevitable. Ref has been piss poor as well.

This, they certainly know how to play to their strengths and we have had no answer. Hump it long and feed on the knock downs.

Cunts.

Chippy_boy said:
It's the fucking hoofing it forward and hopeless attempted 40 yard passes that's doing my head in.

Everton are pressing us further and futher back until one of our players bottles it and hoofs it forward again and we lose possession again.

And WHEN is someone going to stop Given kicking long balls???? With effectively 3 in midfield (I don't count Petrov) we are losing EVERY midfield battle.

For me, Robinho off, SWP on and play him on the right get Petrov on the left where he belongs and Belamy in behind Tevez. 4-5-1
I thought you have been telling us for months it's the coaching staff's fault?

Bluefinn said:
scottyboi said:
We only have our selves to blame but lets not go over the top eh. They are playing like its a final lmao.
There's nothing to "lmao" trust me. We should be playing every game as if it was the final.

start from 1.53
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyUu0MSf3IY[/youtube]

bloody ell that made the hairs stand up at the back of my neck that did!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.