Everton Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Bobbies Black Bins said:
Not one single player has given a interview...

Disgusting..
Whenever a player talks passionately about us Mancini slates us so it's hardly surprising they didn't bother

philiph20 said:
Certain players most notably the English crew (Hart excepted) are just not good enough to be regular first team players, i can't fault the application and industry of James Miller but technically he isn't up to scratch, Gareth Barry has been excellent for us but i think the years are starting to catch up with him, Joleon once more has been terrific for us but technically he isn't top drawer and don't get me started on Javi Garcia, i've seen enormous oil tankers turn quicker than him, he's only been here since September but £16 million, Benfica had our pants down there.

So you think Hart played well today?

joe seems inconsistant now and im not confident in him when he goes for the crosses,but stats dont lie and he is still the best keeper in the league

Tim of the Oak said:
philiph20 said:
Certain players most notably the English crew (Hart excepted) are just not good enough to be regular first team players, i can't fault the application and industry of James Miller but technically he isn't up to scratch, Gareth Barry has been excellent for us but i think the years are starting to catch up with him, Joleon once more has been terrific for us but technically he isn't top drawer and don't get me started on Javi Garcia, i've seen enormous oil tankers turn quicker than him, he's only been here since September but £16 million, Benfica had our pants down there.

So you think Hart played well today?

Hart was crap today..that was Mancinis fault too. fancy telling him to stand in front of his goal. pfffffft.

Re: Considering the money we've spent..

ElanJo said:
I shook my head in dismay when I saw a midfield of

Kolarov---Barry---Garcia----Milner

That's about as average as it gets.

Only Barry has been anything like value for money but his time is coming to a close as a starter.

Kola and Garcia need moving on.
Kolarov---Barry---Garcia----Milner thats liverpool midfield from i saw that midfield my sister said we gonna lose and look we lost

black mamba said:
To be fair todays game was always likely to be tough for us ...... firstly because Everton took a lot of flak last week for their performance against Wigan ... and secondly because they have only lost five league games this season , and only City and United have bettered that ..... they have only lost ONCE at home , and again only the top two can equal that.

Everton played exactly as expected , they simply just gave it their all ......

we , on the other hand , also did as a great many of us thought we would ..... we played badly !!!

I agree with most of what you say, however, how can it be that Everton - who lets face it on paper have a team of slightly better than average players - Baines/Distin excepted, can sooooooo easily turn over our team of (again on paper) world class players - Garcia/Kolarov excepted?

Today for me we had the following;
Hart - poor performance by his standards
Kolorov - poor
Nasty - good
Kolo - Best City player
Zab - pretty poor by his standards
Barry - poor
Garcia - poor
Milner - poor
Silva - poor
Tevez - not to bad, but still poor by his standards
Dzeko - again not to bad in the first half, but second half poor
Sinclair - poor
Nasri - started OK when he came on then poor

Tactics - poor. Team selection - poor. Ability to change things - poor

This is only my opinion but this team doesn't seem to be able to play against stiff oponents, most attacks came down our left, it took the whole first half to change it.

We have so many things to fix, lots of players to change in the summer, and perhaps as important getting our good players like Silva playing as good as last season. If we had bought well last summer we could have challenged for the title, we have to buy very well this summer otherwise we will end up being another Chealski or Arse

karen7 said:
joe seems inconsistant now and im not confident in him when he goes for the crosses,but stats dont lie and he is still the best keeper in the league

he was relishing meeting up with his England mates later this week, should stay at home and do some basic shot stopping from 35 yards!!! When was the last time you saw Sturridge score from outside the box!!!

The highs and lows of sport for me today. A city win at Everton and Wales win over England was the order of the day. One team left their last drop of energy on the pitch and the other just went through the motions. Guess which was which!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.