Everton Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Manc in London said:
Out-thought, out-fought, out-run, out-manouvered, out-muscled and out-played.

The more I watch us play, the more convinced I become that the players are not comfortable with the way they are being asked to play.

they are all experienced internationals and all play differently when they play internationals, if they cant do what they are asked to do they will have to go.they dont have to like it they are paid to do the job

plippo said:
Sadly RM never seems to learn from his past mistakes in team selection and tactics against Everton. I think Joe Royle used to describe such teams as 'yard dogs'. They definitely wanted it more than we did today. Poor ref though and the handball in the box at the end was as clear a penalty as you will ever see. At 1-1 we may even have snatched the winner rather than get caught out pressing for the equaliser.
If you're going to count the penalty we should have had (no guarantee we'd have scored it, by the way), then you have to count the perfectly good goal that Everton had ruled out. Also, a ''debatable'' challenge by Nastasic on Fellaini which may, on another day, have resulted in a penalty. The ref had a shocker today. For both sides.

karen7 said:
Manc in London said:

The more I watch us play, the more convinced I become that the players are not comfortable with the way they are being asked to play.

they are all experienced internationals and all play differently when they play internationals, if they cant do what they are asked to do they will have to go.they dont have to like it they are paid to do the job

If several players who, are genuinely top class, do not understand the role they are being asked to play, why do you seemingly assume it is the players fault?

You also appear to think that 'communication' is the same as 'information'.

Manc in London said:
karen7 said:
Manc in London said:

I just dont think it is rocket science what they are being asked to do.It appears individual errors on the day are costing us not the formation or tactics.of course i have never played footie so i speak as an observer only,it may be harder than it looks!

If several players, who are genuinely top class, do not understand the role they are being asked to play, why do you seemingly assume it is the players fault?

You also appear to think that 'communication' is the same as 'information'.

Re: Silva...

A man called sun said:
I can't believe this thread, Silva is one of our few world class players. It's not his fault our midfield (minus yaya) is so poor and that he's managed by a tactical fool.
lol looks like what mancini do is when i'm playing fifa online against people that always beat me......just pick a random formation, stick random people in random positions and hope for the best. looks like thats what mancici does 3 at the back today boys clichy u on the bence for this one we dont need to defend we just need to out score the fuckers we need kolarov for is free kicks fingers cross boys hope we win.

Thoughts from the game:

- Nastasic (at 18?) looked like a leader and had Fellaini in his pocket.
- Kolo; although he is doing a really good stand in job, is way past it. When you are trying to win the league and you have a player who's game set is "When in doubt, kick it out".....enough said
- Barry had zero impact in this type of game. (Need someone a lot more dynamic).
- Garcia had a good game today (by his standards), but he is just not good enough.
- Dzeko is truly an embarrassment. Most people have surely played with that lanky forward upfront who is shit at football but somehow manages to make a reputation from knocking in 1 in every 10 rebounds.

only seen 1st half due to work, but i guess we should have seen it coming, they do well against us, and tbh bobby should have seen it coming, was 2nd half any better?

posted this on the "atmosphere forum" but thought i'd post it on here...

i was right behind this...

BFgH9O-CUAABLku.jpg

Having calmed down a bit, my thoughts are that the league doesn't lie. You can fluke the odd win or get a weird result here or there. But after 38 games, there can be little debate that the best team won.

We are now 15 points behind. This means without any doubt that have just not been good enough to win the league this year. Make no changes, or worse make detrimental changes like we did in the last 2 windows, and we will be well off the pace next season as well, fact.

There is something fundamentally wrong with a side that has title-winning aspirations, but which can't beat fucking Everton, season in, season out. 4 straight defeats at Goodison now. Pathetic. But, worse, broken.

Significant changes are required.

I just cannot understand how well they play against us. It is unbelievable.....

Yet they will lose at home to all sorts of shit teams, but they make us look bog average.

-- Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:23 am --

Chippy_boy said:
Having calmed down a bit, my thoughts are that the league doesn't lie. You can fluke the odd win or get a weird result here or there. But after 38 games, there can be little debate that the best team won.

We are now 15 points behind. This means without any doubt that have just not been good enough to win the league this year. Make no changes, or worse make detrimental changes like we did in the last 2 windows, and we will be well off the pace next season as well, fact.

There is something fundamentally wrong with a side that has title-winning aspirations, but which can't beat fucking Everton, season in, season out. 4 straight defeats at Goodison now. Pathetic. But, worse, broken.

Significant changes are required.

I honestly don't think we have been that bad. United have been THAT good. Win after win after win after win. A lot of them undeservedly, but that is what wins you the league at the end of the day.

The downfall is that we didn't strengthen upon last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.