Everton Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

bearcityblu said:
Does not seem to matter what team we put out against Everton, they always seem to turn us over. Definately our bogey team.

'Bogey team' do me a favour.......

They wanted it more and we keep playing into their hands.

We did see this result coming so no real surprises in the outcome. We have a challenge in keeping the squad motivated enough for the rest of the season, excluding the FA Cup semi final

sk3ptical said:
so the people that said the rags would crumble what are u saying know

I'm saying i am skeptical about your account :)

On another note i always worry about playing Everton and it's just a 'meh happened again' imo.

Keep our chins up until the end of the season then hopefully the suits get stuff done.

Best team won today. First half we were bobbins, couldn't string any decent passes together. It was pass sideways, pass backward to keeper, hoof the ball up the pitch. With the players we have we were woeful.

Second half we were better but it was yet again another poor away performance.

Sadly RM never seems to learn from his past mistakes in team selection and tactics against Everton. I think Joe Royle used to describe such teams as 'yard dogs'. They definitely wanted it more than we did today. Poor ref though and the handball in the box at the end was as clear a penalty as you will ever see. At 1-1 we may even have snatched the winner rather than get caught out pressing for the equaliser.

Out-thought, out-fought, out-run, out-manouvered, out-muscled and out-played.

The more I watch us play, the more convinced I become that the players are not comfortable with the way they are being asked to play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.