Everton Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Anthony Kun said:
Will every one on here so going on about the refs decisions?
They had a perfectly good goal disallowed, and that was the linos fault. If that was given we could have easily been 3 0 down at half time.

Problem was starting 3 at the back again, what the fuck was he thinking?

Then at half time why did he not bring on Sinclair? I want to see him get more game time. Maybe then we could have some decent crosses whipped in for dzeco to get his lazy arse on the end of. Instead kolo was shit hot today and he took him off? 2nd goal wouldn't have been conceded if he was on the pitch...

Fuck it, done and dusted, regardless of our shit performance well done Everton, they deserved the win.

the fuck?

the issue is that we've been playing at well below the sum of our parts for a long time now. Mancini and his staff are poor.

That said, Joe Hart really is overrated. He needs to spend less time trying to be a nice guy, all pally with the opposition players in the tunnel etc, and concentrate on his game. No way he's the best keeper in the league, nowhere near the best in the world.

But what's going on with Silva, Aguero?

I can see use getting screwed over in transfers over average players...again.

That performance was not good enough. I have watched it again and as against Southampton the main question for me is the lack of effort by the players.
Everton fought for every ball and we didn't.
That is the worst thing a team can be accused of. Massive problems for me, I hope we don't implode.
Mancini earns his money now

SamTheGuru said:
I just cannot understand how well they play against us. It is unbelievable.....

Yet they will lose at home to all sorts of shit teams, but they make us look bog average.

-- Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:23 am --

Chippy_boy said:
Significant changes are required.

I honestly don't think we have been that bad.

I agree. But we have been well short of the level required to win the league. Unless we make significant changes and were we to carry on as we are, we would end up being like Arsenal, solid top 4 every year and winning nothing.

It cannot be right that you can bet on us losing at Everton every year. No master how "up for it" those wankers are. We should be able to overcome them, most of the time at least. Carry on as we are and we will lose there next year as well, and the year after and the year after that. What CHANGES are we going to make to enable us to overcome such teams???

We have struggled all season (and much of last) against high energy teams that press us hard all over the park. You'd expect those games to be tough, but you'd also expect the best teams to deal with it and to come through with a win most of the time. We have clearly failed to come up with any plan to deal with this, and this has gone a long way to why we lost the league.

I think the game went as expected.
We got what I expected - especially when I found out that Yaya couldn't play.
After 20 minutes, it was clear that everything was going to be as expected.
I saw Kolorov being absolutely skinned by a moderatly good winger - Coleman - whenever there was a 1 on 1. As expected.
I saw Dzeko and Tevez miles away from each other up front, and Dzeko in particular looking at times like he'd never seen a ball before.
I saw Silva looking for the first hour like he was overwhelmed, and shit scared of tackling anyone.
I saw Joe Hart rooted to the ground when that 30 yard strike came in for the first goal - great strike, but when the keeper sees it all the way, I expect him to react.
I saw a referee being influenced by a hostile crowd - Fellaini should have been off for his tackle on Milner in the first half, and could have been booked for the 'penalty' not given in the second half. (That said - they had a cracking goal disallowed, and arguably a penalty of their own.)
All in all, everything went pretty much as expected yesterday - we got nothing at Everton, and United beat a shit bottom team 1-0 to go 15 points clear of us.
The only consolation is that Kompany, Yaya and Aguero were missing, but, on their form of the season so far, there's nothing to say that anything different would have happened at Goodison Park even if they had been available.

Chippy_boy said:
SamTheGuru said:

Yet they will lose at home to all sorts of shit teams, but they make us look bog average.

Chippy_boy said:
Significant changes are required.

I agree. But we have been well short of the level required to win the league. Unless we make significant changes and were we to carry on as we are, we would end up being like Arsenal, solid top 4 every year and winning nothing.

It cannot be right that you can bet on us losing at Everton every year. No master how "up for it" those wankers are. We should be able to overcome them, most of the time at least. Carry on as we are and we will lose there next year as well, and the year after and the year after that. What CHANGES are we going to make to enable us to overcome such teams???

We have struggled all season (and much of last) against high energy teams that press us hard all over the park. You'd expect those games to be tough, but you'd also expect the best teams to deal with it and to come through with a win most of the time. We have clearly failed to come up with any plan to deal with this, and this has gone a long way to why we lost the league.

Bringing in Bale and Baines would be a good start, both quick and both can cross a ball properly (and defend too!)

Brendan110_0 said:
Chippy_boy said:
SamTheGuru said:

Bringing in Bale and Baines would be a good start, both quick and both can cross a ball properly (and defend too!)
Mancini doesn't do quick players. Pointless hoping that we'll get either of those two players.

Brendan110_0 said:
Chippy_boy said:
SamTheGuru said:

I am not sure Bale's defensive skills are anything to brag about. And we'd have to pay stupid money for a well overrated player IMHO.

Barnes would be good, but honestly, would Mancini play him??? I am not sure he'd make a night and day difference anyway if he did.

I think we need another Nigel de Jong. An out and out battling defensive midfield player to sit in front of the back four. Then push Yaya forward and keep him there. He draws defenders and creates space for our strikers. This is what happened time and time again last year and is missing this. We need a Yaya backup as well. We are somewhat lost without him, and much less effective when he is playing a holing role.

didnt watch game didnt get in til midnight so ive not read a thing or seen TV, so feel free to correct me, spoke to my dad for about 5 mins he said we played 3 at the back and had Barry and Garcia in CM,
think we have only conceded 2 goals since jan and he changes to a back 3 v Everton away ? really dont get that, also v teams that get about us Barry and Garcia are just to slow as shown v Saints. PL you need energy and pace in the middle of the park.
Was told Mancini said after the game to blame him as he didnt sign a defender in Jan to cover Kompany and dont see how thats been a problem

the blue panther said:
I think the game went as expected.
We got what I expected - especially when I found out that Yaya couldn't play.
After 20 minutes, it was clear that everything was going to be as expected.
I saw Kolorov being absolutely skinned by a moderatly good winger - Coleman - whenever there was a 1 on 1. As expected.
I saw Dzeko and Tevez miles away from each other up front, and Dzeko in particular looking at times like he'd never seen a ball before.
I saw Silva looking for the first hour like he was overwhelmed, and shit scared of tackling anyone.
I saw Joe Hart rooted to the ground when that 30 yard strike came in for the first goal - great strike, but when the keeper sees it all the way, I expect him to react.
I saw a referee being influenced by a hostile crowd - Fellaini should have been off for his tackle on Milner in the first half, and could have been booked for the 'penalty' not given in the second half. (That said - they had a cracking goal disallowed, and arguably a penalty of their own.)
All in all, everything went pretty much as expected yesterday - we got nothing at Everton, and United beat a shit bottom team 1-0 to go 15 points clear of us.
The only consolation is that Kompany, Yaya and Aguero were missing, but, on their form of the season so far, there's nothing to say that anything different would have happened at Goodison Park even if they had been available.

Good post. I'd add to that by saying I saw Gareth Barry playing at a hostile ground against a team that were playing with a high intensity looking as white as a sheet and inspiring little confidence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.