Everton vs City - Post Match Thread

An offside is an offside, no matter how perfect it was. Everton had a few offsides today, meaning our trapped worked. A few times our defenders were tangled, but they were able to do the job right. One thing troubles me from tonight's game was that indecision from Navas. He should have passed instead of waiting to score

I reckon lay off Navas, does well in stretching play, could finish better but great set to the City squad

We were lucky
Everton had a perfectly good goal ruled out for offside, they hit the bar and Kompany cleared off the line
We scored with a miss hit cross and a blatant offside goal from Nasri and didn't create anything else
It was a ragesq victory
A fake result then?

Awful reffing - that minute before half time when Rag Taylor didn't give a free kick for Lukaku's push on Mangala, then from the Everton attack gave them a free kick when we got the ball cleanly, then measured out 11 yards for the free kick (ball outside the penalty area arc and wall beyond the penalty spot).

One of the most encouraging things for me is that two of our most potent forwards, Aguero and Sterling, aren't even at their best yet. Once they hit full form we are going to take some stopping. It's great the way that others are stepping up and chipping in with goals (seven different scorers so far). The early signs are very ominous for the rest of the league.

Thought the Bony sub was the right call. Joe had flapped at a few corners and the extra big man in there could have been helpful plus Sergio looked shattered. Nasri for me is about keeping possession and closing a game out. Other than the run Coleman made when Nasri first came on I don't remember him doing much more and Navas and Nasri seemed to swap wings to deal with him after that. Nasri's goal came from his opposite side. Good subs for me

Not sure how to rate that one.
Winning at Goodison is rare, seeing most of the pitch from the back of the Lower Bullens rather than the back of someone's head is also rare so I left reasonably happy. We should have scored earlier but we kept going, and later should have got the second sooner to ease the tension.
But Everton are hard to judge; they were awful in their first home game yet brilliant last week at Southampton.
What we can say is that we created the better chances and were the best team for almost all the game.
It was a great team performance as others have said, and great support from the travelling fans.
And the rain came during the game not at the end as was forecast.
We were undercover in upper bullens 6 and we never heard one city song it sounded as if no one was there,strange how the noise didn't travel

Thanks to stub hub 2 x £48 for £40 the pair

I think Everton were the best team we have played so far this season, which is high praise considering we have played Chelsea. We were better on the day though. I think we look solid from front to back at the moment. Back four look very good & we look awesome going forward at times. I still don't think we have hit top gear yet, when we do people should be afraid!

If there is a better player than Silva in the PL at the moment then I would be amazed. Sterling looks a great signing already.

Looks like this season could be a special one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.