Everton vs City - Post Match Thread

Great result and attitude is spot on.

Manuel wants a slap, though.

He almost cost us the victory with two bizarre subs.

Regardless of his goal, Nasri for Sterling was an absolute shocker.

It absolutely exposed Kolarov and only encouraged Coleman to start attacking, with no more overlaps to worry about.

Even Bony for a tiring Sergio, fan that I am, would have left it well alone.

Bony did well holding the ball up???

Sergio was tired ???..

Another great result and another good performance overall. Was much the same as the last two games and we looked very dangerous.Lets not get carried away though, we're not without our weaknesses.

Navas is having a good season but has absolutely no cutting edge to him and just isn't a danger, we're already starting to see teams just leave him completely open and concentrate on Silva/Sterling Kun and Yaya. We need an upgrade on him badly, we'd of had a hat full if it were say Pedro in that position today.

And our midfield still looks laboured out of possession. Yaya is making a noticeable effort this season, he's even put tackles in, but it's still not enough, there's times where players just walked past him and they're at our back 4, we can't rely on just Fernandinho to hold it down. Thought Delph should of been on a lot earlier to help but i suppose we don't know how fit he is. Second half we slowed it down to walking pace too much when we should of killed the game off and then players didn't bother to get back into position and left us exposed. As good of a win that was, those last 5 minutes could easily of resulted in 2 dropped points, it should not of been that close.

Thought the fans were great yet again, there's a buzz back in the stands after being pretty terrible atmosphere wise at most games last season.

Final word on the Ref. I'm not one for believing refs are bent, i generally think they're just incompetent but i think it would be kinder to just say he's as bent as they come because no professional in any job, let alone one who's supposedly one of best around can be that bad at their job surely?

just read a comment on the game on the guardian website

"Fair Play to Sergio for calling attention to the paramedics and ref after a man in the Street End had an epileptic incident".

anyone have more info ?

It was in the first 5 mins, an Everton supporter collapsed & Sergio wouldn't take the corner or let us take it until he'd been attended to & was apparently drawing the medics attention to the situation. They then carried the supporter off round in front of us & we applauded & his mate acknowledged the applause. Well done Sergio for your humanity. He was enquiring on Twitter later to find out how the fan was.

Final word on the Ref. I'm not one for believing refs are bent, i generally think they're just incompetent but i think it would be kinder to just say he's as bent as they come because no professional in any job, let alone one who's supposedly one of best around can be that bad at their job surely?

Says he's from Gtr Manchester, Fergie's fuckin shed, tha biased twat.

Just wanted to add that I think the Lukaku and Barkley combination will be a real handful for some less organised defenses.
They both look switched on this season and I hope Barkley can take the next step after having an average, injury interrupted season last season.
They really dismantled the Southampton defense last week, and although we mostly subdued them, I can see them causing a lot of trouble for a lot of others.

The best thing to come out of yesterday was the defensive performance, they only had 1 shot on target to our 9! No goals conceded at this stage is incredible for us when you consider the way we play to try and score. Kompany and Mangala were much more comfortable in this one and the only complaint you can have at times is the silly fouls but it is all part and parcel of the game.

Having control without possession is now the best part of our game, having Sterling support Kolarov has just given us a completely different dimension down the left, it really is no wonder Kolarov's form has been transformed because he can get forwards with the confidence that Sterling will support him defensively. It used to be Silva tucking in down the left but leaving a hole in the middle but now Silva is free in the middle, it was a huge problem last year. It is the same down the right with Sagna probably having his best game so far in a city shirt, he is also starting a good partnership with Navas who also has probably had the best few games he has ever had for us.

It really is a very well balanced team now and it is no wonder that Pellegrini refuses to change it, I can't see any reason to bring anyone else in at the minute such as when Zabs is back. Even signing De Bruyne, until we start playing badly we shouldn't be playing him until an injury or to rotate because the balance really is just perfect right now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.