Everton vs City - Post Match Thread

Another great result and another good performance overall. Was much the same as the last two games and we looked very dangerous.Lets not get carried away though, we're not without our weaknesses.

Navas is having a good season but has absolutely no cutting edge to him and just isn't a danger, we're already starting to see teams just leave him completely open and concentrate on Silva/Sterling Kun and Yaya. We need an upgrade on him badly, we'd of had a hat full if it were say Pedro in that position today.

And our midfield still looks laboured out of possession. Yaya is making a noticeable effort this season, he's even put tackles in, but it's still not enough, there's times where players just walked past him and they're at our back 4, we can't rely on just Fernandinho to hold it down. Thought Delph should of been on a lot earlier to help but i suppose we don't know how fit he is. Second half we slowed it down to walking pace too much when we should of killed the game off and then players didn't bother to get back into position and left us exposed. As good of a win that was, those last 5 minutes could easily of resulted in 2 dropped points, it should not of been that close.

Thought the fans were great yet again, there's a buzz back in the stands after being pretty terrible atmosphere wise at most games last season.

Final word on the Ref. I'm not one for believing refs are bent, i generally think they're just incompetent but i think it would be kinder to just say he's as bent as they come because no professional in any job, let alone one who's supposedly one of best around can be that bad at their job surely?
I agree with you on yesterday being a great result although I do think you're being slightly harsh on Navas. He could've had at least 4 assists in the last two games alone if Sergio had just had a little more luck in front of goal. He also ripped their left back a new one yesterday in that first half, I know he was only a young lad but he couldn't cope with Navas at all and it was highlighted by the commentators quite a bit. Pretty sure Neville even made a joke about Browning watching the game and not wanting to come on to play left back.

Anyway it's not the Navas thread and I'm still confident we get that upgrade in the shape of De Bruyne this week so I'll leave it at that and finish off by saying I thought yesterday's performance was as equally impressive as the Chelsea game for me given that Goodison Park is never an easy place to get a result for us. Absolutely loving watching City so far this season!

Anthony Taylor is a rag scum,he lives in Winton,Eccles, fact,and his partner use to sell FAKE GEAR, UGG GLOVES AND BOOTS ETC, FACT !!!!!!
Seems every referee appears to be against us. Have to say I think the referreeing so far, in our games, has been fairly good.
Can't believe the amount of griping by some, let's keep our fingers crossed we win all 38 games otherwise meltdown

Seems every referee appears to be against us. Have to say I think the referring so far, in our games, has been fairly good.
Can't believe the amount of griping by some, let's keep our fingers crossed we win all 38 games otherwise meltdown

I don't think its been either good or fair.

I see a continuation of free kicks easily awarded to opposition at the slightest contact and an eagerness to dish out yellow cards for tackles that the opposition are getting away with during the game.

Seems every referee appears to be against us. Have to say I think the referreeing so far, in our games, has been fairly good.

No major gripe with the red yesterday apart from not punishing Barry for a carbon copy of what Ferna did to Costa last week ( which many deemed worthy of a red bizarrely ). He also allowed the play to continue despite Sagna having a head injury.

Another great performance, more than anything the attitude and application of our squad has really impressed me so far, but we have to treat Watford as a very important match still or we'll slip up, and there are plenty just waiting for that to happen. But I do also feel a slight shift in attitudes and perception of City, now that people can actually see us playing positive, expressive, attacking football, with committed defending to boot, maybe this can be the year a few pundits start to recognise that we're not such an evil club after all. Certainly seem to have taken less flak over our spending that in previous years, maybe because we can see the results now.

Thought the linesman made a very brave, and correct, call for the Lukaku offside. In general the level of refereeing didn't bother me, I didn't notice them too much (ok, Everton seemed to get a few niggly fouls whereas we were waved on in similar situations, nothing new there though, and Fernandinho was penalized for a fantastic clean challenge), but the one point I would take Anthony Taylor up on is his complete failure to stop the game for a head injury in the first half. I think it was Sagna who received a blow to the head, probably accidental and no Everton player to blame at all, but he went down immediately and was holding his head, and the officials all either ignored it or missed it, unacceptable. Any player, for either team, has to be treated for a head injury pronto.Sanga is not one to go down unnecessarily, but even if he was then the referee does not get to decide who does an does not get treatment where head injuries are concerned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.