Everton vs City - Post Match Thread

Because some sheep-like KFAs aren't happy unless they're on someone's back, even when we are flying. Probably the same cnuts who had written off Kompany.

Navas was outstanding again yesterday. Apart from the problems he gives the full backs going forward his work rate and eagerness to do the dirty work in defence should also be applauded.

Final word on the Ref. I'm not one for believing refs are bent, i generally think they're just incompetent but i think it would be kinder to just say he's as bent as they come because no professional in any job, let alone one who's supposedly one of best around can be that bad at their job surely?

When Mike Riley came to The Etihad a while ago, he talked about how refs are allocated to games. Firstly, each ref has to declare any allegiance to a team or teams (e.g they or members of their families support them). On the basis of that, they can't be allocated games involving that club or that might otherwise produce a conflict of interest. I'll come to that in a minute but another criterion is that they can't referee teams that belong to the same FA County Association. Despite the fact he lives in Greater Manchester, Taylor is a member of the Cheshire FA therefore can referee us and the rags, as we belong to the Manchester FA. Lee Mason lives in Bolton and is a member of the Lancashire FA and can similarly referee us and the rags. Whereas just to the west, Chris Foy was a member of the Merseyside FA and therefore couldn't referee Liverpool or Everton games. Yet he lives in St Helens, which is further away from Anfield/Goodison than Taylor is from the Theatre of Delusions and The Etihad. To me, the simple rule should be that you can't referee a team close to where you live so a Gtr Manchester ref shouldn't referee a Gtr Manchester team. Rodgers (for once) had that right.

Now onto the bit about allegiances. Taylor declared himself as an Altrincham fan and Mason as a Bolton fan. Mason had some justification for that as his brothers are believed to be season ticket holders at Bolton. However people who know him say he was definitely a rag in his younger days and used to go regularly. People who know Taylor say the same about him and even that all his family are known to be rags. There's even supposed to be a picture of his kid in a rag shirt somewhere. Amazingly, there's no ref who admits to being a rag but imagine if there was. You couldn't ref us or them for a start. And probably Liverpool or maybe even any potential top four team (as there's a potential conflict of interest). So the chances are you'd rarely or never get a top game, which wouldn't be a good career move.

tremendous performance all round again, causing problems all over the pitch and looking better and better defensively every week. For the boo boys on here slagging off Navas, you clearly know nothing about football. That full back in the first half was blowing out of his arse because he just couldn't handle his workrate. He helps Sagna out constantly as he is always willingto chase back. Yes he has his problems in front of goal which he needs to work on. His crossing is much better, how many times in the last 3 games has he pulled the ball back for Sergio to have a first time shot only to be saved.

Some people always need a boo boy and its tiresome !!

Another great result and another good performance overall. Was much the same as the last two games and we looked very dangerous.Lets not get carried away though, we're not without our weaknesses.

Navas is having a good season but has absolutely no cutting edge to him and just isn't a danger, we're already starting to see teams just leave him completely open and concentrate on Silva/Sterling Kun and Yaya. We need an upgrade on him badly, we'd of had a hat full if it were say Pedro in that position today.

And our midfield still looks laboured out of possession. Yaya is making a noticeable effort this season, he's even put tackles in, but it's still not enough, there's times where players just walked past him and they're at our back 4, we can't rely on just Fernandinho to hold it down. Thought Delph should of been on a lot earlier to help but i suppose we don't know how fit he is. Second half we slowed it down to walking pace too much when we should of killed the game off and then players didn't bother to get back into position and left us exposed. As good of a win that was, those last 5 minutes could easily of resulted in 2 dropped points, it should not of been that close.

Thought the fans were great yet again, there's a buzz back in the stands after being pretty terrible atmosphere wise at most games last season.

Final word on the Ref. I'm not one for believing refs are bent, i generally think they're just incompetent but i think it would be kinder to just say he's as bent as they come because no professional in any job, let alone one who's supposedly one of best around can be that bad at their job surely?
The ref is 100% a scum fan, even scum fans acknowledge that

tremendous performance all round again, causing problems all over the pitch and looking better and better defensively every week. For the boo boys on here slagging off Navas, you clearly know nothing about football. That full back in the first half was blowing out of his arse because he just couldn't handle his workrate. He helps Sagna out constantly as he is always willingto chase back. Yes he has his problems in front of goal which he needs to work on. His crossing is much better, how many times in the last 3 games has he pulled the ball back for Sergio to have a first time shot only to be saved.

Some people always need a boo boy and its tiresome !!
I haven't seen highlights or watched the match yet(seen the goals) but this season navas has been fucking quality, but as you say for some strange reason we always need one,and if its navas then that's just wrong.

I haven't seen highlights or watched the match yet(seen the goals) but this season navas has been fucking quality, but as you say for some strange reason we always need one,and if its navas then that's just wrong.

he was superb again yesterday, his decision making at times is poor. Should have scored 2 but shits himself in front of goal. Other than that he never stops working for the team.

Shots on target:
Everton 1 city 9
Tells a story on its own don't you think? Everton are a good side and that's a tough place to get a result but make no mistake we dominated them for long stretches of the game. The crowd were reduced to cheering for throw ins and good one two's. Everton huffed and puffed but were properly beaten by the better team.

Happy blue!!

I suppose some way will be found not to make Pellers manager of the month even if we beat Watford on Saturday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.