every match joe messes up

Davs 19 said:
de niro said:
stonerblue said:
One thread slagging Hart off not good enough for you De Niro?

No. I dont want him slagged. I want him replaced. It would be nice for joe to accept the challenge of a top keeper and stick around. My guess is he'll be off.

Who realistically can we sign that's better than Hart ?
Julio Cesar maybe? First choice goalie for Brazil. He's QPR:s player but doesn't play, he's not even on the bench.

stonerblue said:
cibaman said:
Its easy enough to drop Hart, more difficult to bring him back.

I don't really get this "take him out to get his head sorted" stuff. If he is dropped, what does he do to re-gain his place? Playing for the juniors doesn't do it, the issue is him panicking under pressure. He wont get that pressure playing for the reserves. He can't be gradually brought back, playing 20 mins now and then. When he is eventually brought back the pressure on him will be multiplied.

If Pellegrini thinks Pantillimon is the better keeper then he should play him. But it should be seen as a permanent step, not temporary.

And when Pants has one put past him and gets the blame, then what?

afford him a few games like Hart , and if there is no improvement , bench . Its a simple game mate . I want Hart to improve his game and come back and show us cos right now he looks poor , along with our defensive high line against pacey sides
we will learn , and improve . The proof is there to see, what the team needs to work on in training

B\connellblue said:
Most games we play I'm shouting at hart to come off his line at corners, free kicks etc but he never does(spends his time pushing the striker in the back), then when he should stick for some strange reason he gallops out like a headless chicken. Having said that the alternative doesn't bear thinking about. Have a look at some of the goals pants concedes, reminds me of the kid at school who dives a couple of seconds after the ball has hit the net. Joe will be safe as long as we don't buy a top keeper.
You're not filling me with any confidence mate.

You don't rate Joe, you rate Pants even less and Joe is safe (at least for now)?<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:00 pm --<br /><br />
stonerblue said:
cibaman said:
Its easy enough to drop Hart, more difficult to bring him back.

I don't really get this "take him out to get his head sorted" stuff. If he is dropped, what does he do to re-gain his place? Playing for the juniors doesn't do it, the issue is him panicking under pressure. He wont get that pressure playing for the reserves. He can't be gradually brought back, playing 20 mins now and then. When he is eventually brought back the pressure on him will be multiplied.

If Pellegrini thinks Pantillimon is the better keeper then he should play him. But it should be seen as a permanent step, not temporary.

And when Pants has one put past him and gets the blame, then what?

So that's a great argument for never changing your keeper however poorly he's performing?

bluemoonmatt said:
Can't get this, why would a defender head the ball past an onrushing keeper who from the angle of said header should clearly be able to see in time that a backward header is not a good plan, furthermore heading it is ok, but in the direction of the goal and/or the continued run of the attacker rather than a sideways header taking the ball away from immediate dangeris a strange choice. JH maybe was a bit previous rushing out but he would have got to the ball if it had not been headed beyond him, I get the feelin if he'd have stayed on his line and torres had skinned Nasty he would be getting both barrels for not coming out. Hes made far too many errors this year, and I'd be happy to give him stick for them but for me this latest example is a case of bandwagon jumping and lynching the usual suspect ala Kolarov, who its worth saying now is clearly the best LB at the club. We gonna start a witchunt against Gael now too??

1) why does defender ignore the call (you can see it was made)
2) Why does the defender facing the keeper STILL head it. did he have his eyes closed throughout these crucial few seconds, or does he just have appalling reactions
3) Why when choosing to still head it and ignoring a call does he head it in the direction he headed it in.

As stated earlier I get the feeling there are a lot of thick people on here who just follow the herd. Joe gets stick this season and for 80% of the time its been fully deserved, this is not one of those occasions, Nasty who I rate as the most promising young CB in the league is primarily at fault but lets keep hopping around this kangaroo court

If you watched the game you would notice that nasty was watching the flight of the ball, if he had glanced to see where Joe was he misses the header.,Joe had no need to rush like that, Torres was a yard behind nasty not on his shoulder

PB has just posted a very interesting blog on the Hart thread. Basically accusing him of being bent(the blog not PB)

stony said:
PB has just posted a very interesting blog on the Hart thread. Basically accusing him of being bent(the blog not PB)

Rumours doing the rounds also he has gambling problems allegedly but thing like this always crop up when a player is have a bad spell..

Vienna_70 said:
forevermancity said:
Pretty disgusting thread to be fair.

Great way to support our no1 and 2nd longest serving player

This.
I agree that there wasn't any need for a separate thread, the one already going should have been enough. To bury your head in the sand and not think that there's serious problems with our goalkeeper is ludicrous though. He may be our number 1, that's mostly down to a lack of competition, and he may be our 2nd longest serving player, but what that's got to do with his current form I don't know.
I'm desperate to see him back to his best, unfortunately it's not going to happen overnight and the chance of us dropping more points is too much a concern to brush under the carpet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.