Expanded FIFA Club World Cup 2025 | 32 Teams | USA

It will not happen. Look at Uefa. England played a Home Nations tournament for years and then money came calling. At first it was Italy and Spain, now its San Marino and Liechtenstein. FIFA have a World Cup every 4 years, they want it every 2 years.
I liken it to boxing. Muhammed Ali was the undisputed heavy weight champion of the world. Now there are 3 ? different belts.
Greed, pure greed and someone needs to say enough.....but they won't.
There is a proxy war going on between UEFA and FIFA
FIFA quietly and implicitly supported the European Super League because Infantino wanted to destroy his rival and then fit the ESL into his global model
Ceferin actually has decent relations with City these days, post CAS
Infantino may yet turn out to be a worse monster than Blatter
As ever, the players and the hardcore local fans will be collateral damage

Imagine City v River Plate in the World Club Cup final though. That could be fantastic in the future. Football has always been evolving. If you stand still you die.
If we win on tuesday River will be in the last 16 of the Libertadores.In the league with six rounds left we are well clear with amazing crowds and atmosphere.Maybe this year

There is a proxy war going on between UEFA and FIFA
FIFA quietly and implicitly supported the European Super League because Infantino wanted to destroy his rival and then fit the ESL into his global model
Ceferin actually has decent relations with City these days, post CAS
Infantino may yet turn out to be a worse monster than Blatter
As ever, the players and the hardcore local fans will be collateral damage
It's funny, on here we take the piss out of Milton Keynes rags yet welcome City supporters from India.
I totally agree with you that Fifa and Uefa are fighting a war. Sadly Mancuinians are losing the battle. I fully appreciate it is progress, I just wonder what the cost is. We vented our fury at a 39th game in China and we raged against a Super League....... I liken it to a housing developer, he wants to build 50 houses so he submits a planning application for 100. The locals kick off and the council show how strong they are, for the people and all that, they refuse the application. A week later approval is given for 50 houses.

I bet the venues will all be the one still in existence today from World Cup USA 94.

The first World Cup I ever watched with interest in all the matches.
In 1994 the pitches were not wide enough, the grounds had to be modified losing rows down the side and raised pitches shipped in.

As it stands KDB, Laporte, Ake, Bernardo, Mahrez, Ortega and Steffan wouldgo out of contract half way through.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.