Expanded FIFA Club World Cup 2025 | 32 Teams | USA

It will not happen. Look at Uefa. England played a Home Nations tournament for years and then money came calling. At first it was Italy and Spain, now its San Marino and Liechtenstein. FIFA have a World Cup every 4 years, they want it every 2 years.
I liken it to boxing. Muhammed Ali was the undisputed heavy weight champion of the world. Now there are 3 ? different belts.
Greed, pure greed and someone needs to say enough.....but they won't.

Money can rightly be blamed for most evils but the demise of the Home Internationals had little to do with it.

There was a multitude of issues with it. The prime one being that nobody but the hooligans were the slightest bit interested in any game apart from England V Scotland by the end. The Northern Ireland ‘situation’ was increasingly creating problems also. They had to call the whole thing off one year in the early 80s because the situation was too dodgy.

Money can rightly be blamed for most evils but the demise of the Home Internationals had little to do with it.

There was a multitude of issues with it. The prime one being that nobody but the hooligans were the slightest bit interested in any game apart from England V Scotland by the end. The Northern Ireland ‘situation’ was increasingly creating problems also. They had to call the whole thing off one year in the early 80s because the situation was too dodgy.
Spot on. Wales v N Ireland attracting gates less than 10,000.
Scotland v those two teams not much better.

Imagine if they have City playing a game or two in Boston. I can walk to Gillette Stadium in about 20 minutes from my house. There are going to be 6 WC games here too in 2024.

If they are teams that I am not interested in, I'll be putting the house on AirBnB...;) And travel during that time to the good matches...:)
Is your house nice? What's the neighbourhood like?

Mind giving me a few local locksmiths' telephone numbers whilst I research Massachusetts squatters laws?

I'm in the US and think it's a load of bollocks.

Will I go and watch it?
If City play in Orlando (maybe Miami) then yes but I'l not travel beyond that
Jacksonville?
It was tongue in cheek, as in Beckhams lot would give a brown envelope to somebody.
There was a time I would have let Victoria give me a brown envelope.

Disregard. It doesn't mean what I thought it meant.

By 2025 the favourites will probably be some of the Saudi teams.It will be interesting to see how many European clubs will fill their stadiums as the power moves to Asia.This is what we in South America have had to endure over the past 30 years.But River is averaging attendances of over 80,000 this year despite this and 100% plus inflation.
…you know the European fans aren’t going to be going to Saudi Arabia to watch those clubs en masse, right?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.