Expectation of Aguero.

jimharri said:
de niro said:
Skashion said:
Yaya has ACON this season as well - assuming he goes. I say let have Razak have a go.

supposedly. i thought i read he may not bother.
He was reported to be considering his international future. Sadly, I think he'll still go. When your country calls, it's almost impossible to say no.

Yeah he did claim that but to be fair he will want to win it after losing in the final! Its a shame he has to leave but we have big game players that will step in.

Sergio will get 40+ next season the guy is world class

Pre swansea Charlie 'love the earring' Nicholas had aguero down as not only a waste of money but to also be the biggest flop, do these sphincters watch any european football......

As de Niro said earlier in the thread, kun has been talked about as potentially one of the worlds great strikers, that potential evaporated into reality after the seasons he's just had...... What's frightening is totally disregard the goals he has scored and think of the chances missed/failed to execute- he will be sharper, more clinical, all balanced by the intelligence he has as a forward, forget the defenders working him out, it's the flaws in the defenders which he will expose, the great players always will!

There is no reason whatsoever that he can't score 40+ baring injuries, and if we keep him long enough I see him smashing all prem records!!!

I expected 20 goals as he's World Class. A mate of mine who supports Sunderland went mad with texts when he signed and asked for some tickets to come see him.

We are so lucky with our owners.

Challenger1978 said:
Has Sergio got any kids yet ?

As i'm just thinking a mixture of Maradona and Aguero DNA and our shit hot training ground that going to be built and we could create the greatest player the world has ever seen.
XRL6G.jpg

Sent from my thingymajig using Tippytappy

I was expecting him to be mainly playing with Tevez all season and I thought they would both get roughly 20 goals each but I did not expect him to become our number 1 striker and hero this soon. To be honest I did have high expectations for him and expected him to become one of the worlds best strikers, which he now is. He is just doing eveything quicker than I thought.

richards30 said:
Same again would do for me! His work rate and commitment is fantastic and he seems genuinely happy here! Another 30 goal haul and hopefully more silverware!
he is more than happy at City from what is shown, having Zaba and Tevez in the club has obviously helped him settle (especially Zaba, makes me laugh when I hear him speak now in his latin voice with a Manc twang, only needs to add alright are kid!) the emotion he showed when he scored the winning goal to clinch the title, you could see what it want to him as well as us. Alright it was his first league title, but every kid that plays football dreams about moments like that, he knew it was never going to happen at Athletico, he as come to a club with genuine chances of dominating football for years to come.

As for expectations, I hold my hands up and admit I thought 15 goals in his first season would be a good start, never believed he would reach 30 (regardless of how good players are when they come to PL not many reach that milestone in their first season) if he can reach that number on a regular basis then that will do for me, to ask him to score like Messi and Ronaldo in Spain is unrealistic in my view as there are far more weaker teams in La Liga where those 2 fill their boots scoring 4 and 5 goals in 1 game

Ric said:
I honestly think we'll see even more from Aguero next season. Probably sounds unfair/unrealistic considering he bagged 30 goals for us, but I feel that he'll get even better with a season under his belt getting used to the league and the way we play, in the same way Silva did. It's frightening, for our rivals at least, to think how good he might be next season.

Also add in the mix that our squad players are also learning his game and movement.

There were times last season that Aguero's movement off the ball was sublime yet went unnoticed, something that will improve this season.

I'm even more excited about watching him this season..............

I'll not be happy with anything less than 100 goals!

I didn't expect him to score as many as he did last season. If he scores anything like it next term then we've got ourselves a consistent and fucking awesome striker. He has, however, been the factor of a lot of arguments between myself and Miss Bone. She loves him. And we keep arguing about it. There is no way she loves him as much as me.

With the right service, he's certainly capable of getting 40-45 goals next season. Even Chuckle said it on sky, he should have scored three or four against Arsenal and he didn't score one, through no fault of his own. I expected between 20-25 this season so to get 30...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.