Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

Yes but who would be stupid enough to believe those reports?
You should watch todays edition of Daily Politics, I caught half hour of it and Andrew Neil was doing his best to paint south Manchester as a hotbed of islamist radicals, apparently the Didsbury mosque has strong links to LIFG (Libyan Islamic Fighting Group) and ISIS flags are common.
I've never seen these flags but I've only lived down here for 17 years.

What a complete load of twaddle.

But cutting though all the lefty political nonsense, how on earth does us not attacking anyone in the name of Christianity, *motivate* people to attack us? Are you suggesting we should be having more crusades like we did in 1095? Would that help?

'Twaddle' 'lefty political nonsense' - I'll pass thanks, you sound like you know all you need to.

You are of course aware of how ridiculous this post is given that Jerusalem was taken by force in the Muslim conquests some 400 years earlier!

Now if only i could find a suitable picture.

I think this offshoot discussions can be posted in a separate thread, like the one made recently.

I would request the mods on having this thread solely on the topic and the development of it such as the raids and intel.

I think we really do need to move away from the idea that you're a massive lefty or part of the PC brigade if you don't subscribe to the idea that anyone being under suspicion of being an ISIS sympathiser should be locked up indefinitely. It's more a case of wanting a course of action that actually works. I really couldn't care less what happens to any individual that supports the mass slaughter of innocent people and I really wouldn't lose sleep over the idea of somebody that supports ISIS or their viewpoint being locked up in a prison for the rest of their lives. The problem I have is that I don't think it would work and it would actually lead to further radicalisation of more people, something I think we all agree should be avoided. I think that in the vast majority of cases it would be nigh on impossible to identify who an actual supporter of ISIS is and innocent people would end up in prison. Now some people think a few innocents being locked up is an acceptable level of collateral damage if it prevents further atrocities (I agree, it probably would be the lesser of two evils). The problem is if you think locking up innocent people plays into the hands of terrorists and would lead to further radicalisation, then it doesn't make you a bleeding heart liberal to be against what he's suggesting, it's just common sense.

I agree. I don't think internment in Northern Ireland was a huge success and this would have to be on a much greater scale.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.