Exposing the hypocrisy of journalists

You don't erase the horrors of a regime..you can't..you minimize it with sugar coated words..make their leader likeable or at least relatable

I"was fascinating to see Putin in action. This really is the titchiest of world leaders, a bald, grey, middle-aged man in a suit with a million-man standing army at his disposal and a sense of holy imperial destiny."

Quite possibly some of them are tongue in cheek, the "sexiest Man in the world" bit for sure. But certainly not statements like

"Putin is an astonishingly potent presence, with a way of dominating any room simply by sitting there, allowing his silence to fill the space"

Also read this and tell me how he finds an odd balance with Russia...seeing it in as a sort of a moral gray when he considers UAE as clear black and white (emphasis mine)

"And so on to Russia and a World Cup that ran like an aggressively oiled machine, and where president and president seemed unusually close. This is a nation that defies normal categories, which is not a democracy, is not transparent, is not exactly a tyrannical regime either. But which is corrupt, cynical, alluring, gangsterish and deeply divisive. One thing quickly became clear from any Russia-based interaction on social media: you can’t trust anyone’s view on Russia. It demands a fixed position. If you say perhaps Russia should encourage a system of greater political opposition you will be accused of mainstream-media Russophobia in the pay of the great delusional global conspiracy. If you say Moscow is a nice modern city or that Russians are perhaps a little more open to the tangles and flaws in their system, you will be accused being a Putin-bot homophobe in the pay of the great delusional global conspiracy."

"And Russians like Putin. He gives them circuses. They are aware of this. The trappings of Western life are mocked as they’re mimicked. The snapline for the shiny, fun, relentless TV network TNT is ‘Feel Our Love’. TNT is sponsored by the state energy company Gazprom, the single largest carbon-guzzling energy company in the world. Gazprom has an aggressive stranglehold over European gas supplies. It’s a tool of soft power for the Kremlin."

Yeah, fair point I was thinking more of the song about Putin and the other cringeworthy stuff. This bit you’ve got him bang t rights.

You don't erase the horrors of a regime..you can't..you minimize it with sugar coated words..make their leader likeable or at least relatable

I"was fascinating to see Putin in action. This really is the titchiest of world leaders, a bald, grey, middle-aged man in a suit with a million-man standing army at his disposal and a sense of holy imperial destiny."

You nailed him mate. Some are just nitpicking for contrary reasons, we have a few on here.

You nailed him mate. Some are just nitpicking for contrary reasons, we have a few on here.

Not at all. These comments are very important and valid. I love a good debate and if someone says I've got it wrong then I'd like to know and correct myself.

I’m convinced they have been worded from the club this week about taking legal action because they got very defensive with Rabin with some saying he is working for the club, and now they have all gone very very quiet on Twitter these last few days, after pretty much constant daily tweets and articles for the last few weeks.
Deleany
Mackenna
Harris x 2
Barney rubble

It's a funny thing with Droopy... his accusation based on the volume of tweets and entirely unsupported by any evidence is that Rabin's a bot.

Imagine if anyone had said that about LFC. Also, why does he even care? Hasn't he got enough to think about?

Rabin may or may not be a bot. But I do know Gibbo's an ass.
WTF is a BOT

They are great if you know what your doing not infallible however, I quite often use them while dealing with complete idiots that don’t know wh//#[entry fail could not parse]
listen,im as thick as shit when it comes to computers,so if that is a go at me you've failed ,because it went straight over my head :)

**** :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.