Exposing the hypocrisy of journalists

Makes you wonder whether someone actually paid them to launch anti-propaganda against City. Never crossed my mind before but now I think it’s possible.

I don't think it needs to be that blatant. All it needs is somebody at Club A (whether its the rags or Liverpool or AN Other doesn't really matter) to make suggestions that if certain factual matters are highlighted, journalist B will be looked on favourably when it comes to book deals, exclusives etc etc. Mutual back scratching, that's all. There are undoubtedly some who are on somebody's payroll somewhere, but I'm not sure Ronay is one of them. But as I say, he doesn't need to be.

I don't think it needs to be that blatant. All it needs is somebody at Club A (whether its the rags or Liverpool or AN Other doesn't really matter) to make suggestions that if certain factual matters are highlighted, journalist B will be looked on favourably when it comes to book deals, exclusives etc etc. Mutual back scratching, that's all. There are undoubtedly some who are on somebody's payroll somewhere, but I'm not sure Ronay is one of them. But as I say, he doesn't need to be.

Some of the time it's not even conscious. Look how annoyed they get when people call them out for being biased. There's a certain worldview of football, and the wider issues, and City collides with that. Let's be absolutely clear, no matter how much they might protest it, the "dirty Arab" thing is buried in quite a few psyches.

Some of the time it's not even conscious. Look how annoyed they get when people call them out for being biased. There's a certain worldview of football, and the wider issues, and City collides with that. Let's be absolutely clear, no matter how much they might protest it, the "dirty Arab" thing is buried in quite a few psyches.

Yep.

Whenever I see the phrase 'oil money' I wonder why investment from the Arab world is called out when investment from Russia, China, Malaysia, Thailand, the USA etc is not.

Yep.

Whenever I see the phrase 'oil money' I wonder why investment from the Arab world is called out when investment from Russia, China, Malaysia, Thailand, the USA etc is not.

I tend to put it in the same equation as the way black players have been given certain epithets that are neutral in themselves, but become part of a generalising theme - e.g. "big and strong". Some of the more reflective journalists, hell some of the more reflective people, took on board that they had either used it themselves, or (more commonly) had been oblivious to its use. Once it's pointed out, it's hard to avoid - in cricket, Asian batsmen, even those brought up in Birmingham FFS, are called "wristy". Every human is a morass of contradictions and prejudices, the difference between a good person and a bad person is that the former is aware of that and strives to overcome them. "Oil money" is nothing but a racial euphemism, and they damn well ought to realise it.

Agreed. It's usually about influence rather than money. However it would be interesting to see who paid for Barney Ronay's trip to Russia and all those nights in hotels over there while he researched his book.

Apologies, this thread was inadvertently merged with the Khaldoon end of season one yesterday. I’ve separated it now.

Pfft. Just can’t get the staff.

It was a genuine error by Bill,
Give the lad a break.
If only it was Bill, apologies, but an act of kindness was f**ked up.

929067abe15a4d6cce30df5035ccb28b.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.