Exposing the hypocrisy of journalists

Wasn't really convinced by that Rabin thread sadly. Didn't seem quite as well rounded as his other threads. Notably, the wiki stuff on FFP - that has been edited and doesn't have any citations. Surely someone as smart as he is knows never to reference Wikipedia without clear references.

You can see it here. It was changed a few days ago to include Man City and the total weight of the first line has changed with inclusions about cartels etc...

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.ph...ir_Play_Regulations&diff=prev&oldid=899709663

It has undergone loads of editing since then and its nothing like what it was as only of the 31st May.

Pretty sure the Wiki reference was a bit of a joke as clearly it's been edited by a City fan. Thing is though, the edited version is probably rather close to the truth!

Pretty sure the Wiki reference was a bit of a joke as clearly it's been edited by a City fan. Thing is though, the edited version is probably rather close to the truth!

Maybe, but to me it looked it was presented as a fact/source tbh mate, and many will take it as face value as even in 2019 loads still don't realise that Wikipedia can't be trusted. His threads are usually really well sourced so honestly it was a bit disappointing. Truth or not, it's only opinion and I prefer it when he references reliable sources whihc he does 99/100.

Maybe, but to me it looked it was presented as a fact/source tbh mate, and many will take it as face value as even in 2019 loads still don't realise that Wikipedia can't be trusted. His threads are usually really well sourced so honestly it was a bit disappointing. Truth or not, it's only opinion and I prefer it when he references reliable sources whihc he does 99/100.

Yeah, I get you mate. Personally, I'd give Rabin a free pass on this occasion though as the people he's engaging with are a bunch of sanctimonious fuckwits!

I love what he does but more non-City fans need to see it. We see the tweets, say “great work Rabin”, retweet it to other blues and they do the same. But ultimately it’s preaching to the converted. To spark real change we need more of the sheep to see what he has to say.

Yeah, I get you mate. Personally, I'd give Rabin a free pass on this occasion though as the people he's engaging with are a bunch of sanctimonious fuckwits!

Indeed, but the last thing we need is him damaging his own credibility. He's admitted he's made a mistake now anyway on Twitter, so fair play.

The important thing when arguing any point is to ensure fans focus on facts, act respectfully even when those criticising do not, and be honest. Football has been money obsessed since Preston 'bought' the first League title in the 1880s (I have no issue with that); All clubs benefit from UAE income via the FA Cup; Arsenal have been receiving transformational income from the UAE via Emirates much longer than MCFC have.... all of this gets dismissed as Whataboutery but these are facts. For me it's all so clear - and Rabin is doing a good job in challenging ADUG's critics - if people believe that City should have no connection to the UAE then neither should the English game's governing body and ALL other football clubs who enter the FA Cup. If City fans should boycott (as Piers Morgan demanded) or are described as sewer rats then ALL fans should be challenged in the same way. The issues of football finance and governance (if there are any of course) have to be raised with the governing bodies. They decide who is 'fit & proper' and they negotiate deals that affect ALL clubs.

the wiki screenshot ruined his argument. he's better off deleting and reposting the thread without it.

the wiki screenshot ruined his argument. he's better off deleting and reposting the thread without it.
The Wiki reference is a weak point on the thread, but it is only a tiny part of the whole argument, and it does not negate anything else that was posted. Don't let that small error of judgement take anything away from the overall message that is being conveyed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.