Exposing the hypocrisy of journalists

The important thing when arguing any point is to ensure fans focus on facts, act respectfully even when those criticising do not, and be honest. Football has been money obsessed since Preston 'bought' the first League title in the 1880s (I have no issue with that); All clubs benefit from UAE income via the FA Cup; Arsenal have been receiving transformational income from the UAE via Emirates much longer than MCFC have.... all of this gets dismissed as Whataboutery but these are facts. For me it's all so clear - and Rabin is doing a good job in challenging ADUG's critics - if people believe that City should have no connection to the UAE then neither should the English game's governing body and ALL other football clubs who enter the FA Cup. If City fans should boycott (as Piers Morgan demanded) or are described as sewer rats then ALL fans should be challenged in the same way. The issues of football finance and governance (if there are any of course) have to be raised with the governing bodies. They decide who is 'fit & proper' and they negotiate deals that affect ALL clubs.
The mainstream media complain that City fans have become weaponised, but if that's true, the reason is reactive.

There's still time for City fans to develop our own media. It's needed because the only advocates for Man city are going to be its fans.

city fans should do what Rabin did. Research and argument.

I love what he does but more non-City fans need to see it. We see the tweets, say “great work Rabin”, retweet it to other blues and they do the same. But ultimately it’s preaching to the converted. To spark real change we need more of the sheep to see what he has to say.
Well do it yourself then. It's unfair to rely on one individual to take on the world.

that McGeehan is weird.
The best advocates for democracy would be the people of the middle-east themselves not some Washington based charity which is wheeled out to justify the latest foreign war of intervention.

Indeed, but the last thing we need is him damaging his own credibility. He's admitted he's made a mistake now anyway on Twitter, so fair play.

I wonder if they still believe he's a patsy.

Then again, he still could be and the wiki tweet was a ruse to throw them off the scent ;)

Pretty difficult with my 5 followers to ask people to appear on their YouTube channels etc! Rabin has momentum that can be channelled.
Any time there is an article or an issue we need arguments. Get them on Bluemoon, then city fans everywhere can take those arguments polish them, and put them forwards ourselves.

The mainstream media complain that City fans have become weaponised, but if that's true, the reason is reactive.

There's still time for City fans to develop our own media. It's needed because the only advocates for Man city are going to be its fans.

city fans should do what Rabin did. Research and argument.

Absolutely - research, evidence, facts. I've been ridiculed by Nick Harris because I keep banging on about research, evidence, triangulation and proper process before making a judgement - isn't that what we're all supposed to do in a civilised country? Surely if we jump to conclusions then we're acting in an undemocratic manner which goes against the main argument of some of these critics.

As i mentioned in media thread, have stumbled into the spat.... not sure how to reply to this to be honest...

2vigfvp.jpg

As i mentioned in media thread, have stumbled into the spat.... not sure how to reply to this to be honest...

2vigfvp.jpg
How about asking him for his facts that prove his viewpoint? He is the one that dispute facts even admitted it there. So he owes to backup his statement. Otherwise it is just innuendo and worthless.

How about asking him for his facts that prove his viewpoint? He is the one that dispute facts even admitted it there. So he owes to backup his statement. Otherwise it is just innuendo and worthless.
I want to, but also do not have the energy to be sucked into a tedious spat with him on Twitter. "Most experts" is meaningless drivel unless backed up with a long, long list.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.