Extreme day trips

I dont mind doing big all day trips like this, but i find the crux is to eliminate driving as much as you can. Non-driving transport, especially trains, can all be built into the experience, like having a few cans with mates or staring out the window at new scenery. Means that so much more than just the destination is valuable.

i'd say plenty of Blues will have experience big old day trips to watch City away on the south coast or in Europe, and have had great times.

Me and my mates and wives did Dublin from Leeds.

7am Flight out. Into centre of Dublin by 8.20. Back home on the 9pm flight.

I've heard of folk doing an all nighter though and getting a flight back next morning.

One trip, if you like THE trip, has not been mentioned.
Did anyone on here do the 'get to the top of Scotland somehow and then get a fishing boat to some far distant island in the back of beyond'. All because City drew some Icelandic ? Nordic ? team in the pretend Champs League.
A London mate did it and has told me his brilliant story but surely someone on here did it.

Would do it more often but parking charges at Manchester airport (or any airport for that matter) just make it unfeasible to be a regular hobby. I live about 50-60 mins from the airport so a taxi there and back would be even more. Train too unreliable in my experience.

Anyone ever done something like this?
Me, mrs, 2 kids have just booked a day out in Brussells in oct, fly out at 7.30am, fly back at 9.30pm. £93 total!

Got our eye on Cork too.

Something different and time will tell if its worth it or a knackering ball ache
Loads of times, absolutely love travel, in October, if all goes well I’ll be doing Slovakia, Austria and Hungary in the space of 3 days and Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia and Finland in the space of a week

Ok so a taxi to manc airport for us is £20. Bit more coming home so not too bad.
Got the bus from charleroi to brussells and back so maybe another £60 total?
Not sure why meals are a logistical nightmare?

I reckon itll be a £350 day. Maybe £400.
Buy plenty of duty free cigs/tobacco back with you to flog and that will pay for the trip.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.