Extreme day trips

Me and the mrs flying over to a town in Catalonia to sign the papers for a property we'd bought....had less than 24 hrs to get there and back and everything had to be on time, flights, hire cars and the drive, Spanish solicitors, estate agents and etc etc....in Spain ??? We just did it. Then our plane back clipped the wing of another Easyjet at Barca...chaos but after the fact so all was well.

I was speaking to a woman on the flight back from Málaga who'd been over for a lunch in Marbella for the day.

Distance wise that's got to be a fair whack.

The mad thing is that it didn't seem the worse idea in the middle of the miserable British winter.

Anyone ever done something like this?
Me, mrs, 2 kids have just booked a day out in Brussells in oct, fly out at 7.30am, fly back at 9.30pm. £93 total!

Got our eye on Cork too.

Something different and time will tell if its worth it or a knackering ball ache

Before kids I did a few trips like this - never a day but a one night jaunt. Did Basel and had a beer in the airport then one in France, Germany and Switzerland by midday. Worth it just to do that! Did Copenhagen, first flight out at 6am and then an evening flight home on the Sunday. Was so hungover that after going to Malmo just to tick the box for my mrs, we went back to the airport just after lunch and just slept there for a few hours, so that's one where two days was too long! (I've been to Copenhagen several times as I used to live in Denmark). Warsaw was another one for the Christmas market.

Did eurostar to Brussels first train out and last one back with work once on a piss up which was excellent.

Not sure I'd do a day trip involving flights, but if you get lucky and they go on time and it's an airport close to the centre then don't see why not.

Went to a Saffron farm in Marche on the Rimini side of Italy. I told the woman in charge, who was Swiss, that I'd be there at 10.00 pm the following night. I took off from Reus airport, Spain, landed at Pisa, Italy and drove strait across Italy in a little hire car. The weather was biblical and in the mountains I remember swerving to avoid huge numbers of frogs and toads. I hadn't a clue where I was and preyed that my old Tom Tom sat nav wouldn't let me down......I arrived dead on 10.00 pm much to the surprise of the farmer, who'd given up hope of seeing me that night. Swiss time had run out but British time was spot on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.