Ezequiel Lavezzi

Like all You tube vids he looks good.

My concern would be that nearly all of those runs were close control under the opposition players nose with some pace. That may work in the Italien League but not here.

If you run across defenders here like that they will move their body across and you are shut out. In Italy you then go to ground and you win the foul.....every time. In the Prem the refs will laugh at you, run past waving one hand motioning you to get up.

This is the reason Corradi looked shit and spent so much time on the floor. Same again with Rolando.....

Balo got proper frustrated that this movement is not considered a foul here but has learnt to get more weight into the gap first now.

Silva got assaulted ealy on a few times like this but got his head round it very quickly.

Will Lavezzi.............that's your call Bobby.

ALL OUR LIVES said:

My concern would be that nearly all of those runs were close control under the opposition players nose with some pace. That may work in the Italien League but not here.

If you run across defenders here like that they will move their body across and you are shut out. In Italy you then go to ground and you win the foul.....every time. In the Prem the refs will laugh at you, run past waving one hand motioning you to get up.

This is the reason Corradi looked shit and spent so much time on the floor. Same again with Rolando.....

Balo got proper frustrated that this movement is not considered a foul here but has learnt to get more weight into the gap first now.

Silva got assaulted ealy on a few times like this but got his head round it very quickly.

excellent point please post more often you sound like a thoughtful chap.

ALL OUR LIVES said:

Very good thoughts. I'll give my thoughts. I'd say that looks are deceiving. The premier league has a deprivation of ambidextrous players in comparison to other leagues (la liga). People really do underestimate the advantage that gives you. The defender has no 'rules' to follow when playing you, it makes you less predictable. Players like Gareth Bale (who's definitely a fine talent) are often covered simply by showing them on their weaker foot. He has a very weak right foot and this dampened his game. However, people like Edin Dzeko have such traits as their forte.

The problem is when you go tight, you subject yourself to Aguero's ability to elude with flair and acceleration because you just can't anticipate and 'get your body across him.' So your forced to give him room. Which we all know is bad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.