Ezequiel Lavezzi

His work rate alone creates tons of space for others to exploit. It's quite a sight to watch sometimes.

He would have been 4th highest on the assists charts in the Premier League last season if he carried over his Napoli form, behind only Nani, Drogba, and Fabregas. One of our major problems last season was that in too many games we ran into brick walls with only Silva looking like he could create a chance. Lavezzi would add that sort of nuisance while at the same time carrying a genuine goal threat of his own, even though he's more likely to feed it to Dzeko/Aguero as he did Cavani.

Easily good enough for our squad, whether he is worth paying the hefty release clause when we have other options is another question though.

I don't see what the problem is bearing in mind we will be in CL

Lavezzi Dzeko Silva

Aguero Balotelli Nasri/Sniejder

in a forward three pick whatever combination you like

Supported by

NDJ/Barry/Yaya/Milner/SWP/AJ

all in front of the back four with attack minded fullbacks.

LoveCity said:
He would have been 4th highest on the assists charts in the Premier League last season if he carried over his Napoli form, behind only Nani, Drogba, and Fabregas. One of our major problems last season was that in too many games we ran into brick walls with only Silva looking like he could create a chance. Lavezzi would add that sort of nuisance while at the same time carrying a genuine goal threat of his own, even though he's more likely to feed it to Dzeko/Aguero as he did Cavani.
And Balo.

P.S. Carry his assists over? That'd only be the case if only our strikers could finish as well as Cavani. (and yes, I'm taking the fucking piss)

I take the point about assists and nuisance value. View on goals remains.

If Mancini believes he will offer something different and of value to our attacking aspects then I am all for it. I hope that if he signs I will be enjoying his performances week in week out. If he does sign it will be very interesting to see who plays midfield 'creativity' in addition to our forward line accepting that we will have fluid movement all over the pitch. I guess that is why Mancini is paid to make the decisions and keep people happy.

Any ideas on a cost? More than Aguero?

as a tevez replacement i did not want him, now we have kun i would like him, as i think he is a top player, just not someone who will bag you loads of goals.

i like him could probably take a chance for around 15 mil .
frighteningly inconsistent, on his day he's up there with the best likened to messi or tevez but has to many games where he fails to deliver like in the copa if mancini can get some consistency in his game he light the PL on fire.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.