Ezequiel Lavezzi

TonyM said:
zangatangring said:
If Aguero is the Tevez replace (as you said) who would be the fourth striker that's so maligned here on Bluemoon forum? I've gotta say, all the candidates I here about aren't (IMO) really as convincing as simply keeping him. Lavezzi could (at most, instantly/eventually) achieve suarez's premier league performances. That's a very good achievement to achieve. However, a lavezzi-aguero-balo lineup wouldn't be as effective (IMO) as an Aguero-tevez-Balo lineup.

I think the fourth striker is Guidetti. But if you ask me it's not really 4, it's ...
* 2 Target men, Dzeko and Guidetti and
* Up to 8 versitile forwards/attackers, Ageuro, Balotelli, Silva, Yaya, Milner, SWP, Johnson and maybe Weiss.
If SWP, Johnson and Milner weren't English they'd be gone imo, replaced by world class talent. I'm not sure how Nasri or Lavezzi coming in would shake up that group but I wouldn't be surprised to see Johnson leaving (presuming SWP and Weiss will be kept due to being academy produced which is important for CL).

Sorry for going on and on :-)

I think you're bang on mate.

Don't worry about going on and on, I enjoy it. :).

So formation wise.....? Please note, this is just a single viable formation that I THINK will be deployed in an instrumental game

Richards-Savic-Kompany-Clichy
----------Y.toure-----------
------Silva------Nasri/pastore(don't lose hope!)
----Balo*--Tevez----Aguero*

Aguero, Balo and Tevez will be under that lovely fluid positional interchange that mancini loves. Such a line is where they should show off all their aspects (balo especially) (hence expose all of the defender's mishaps).

For the De jong lovers, this could be subject to change as to how many creative mids seems sensible.

Jjeangi, sorry (in advance to your criticism) :).

EDIT: The creative mids aren't just there to field all the fancy names. Tevez often drops deep and wide (false 9) to link up with the midfield as combinational attacking options.

Why do people persist with Lavezzi coming to City?

His goal scoring record is poor for a striker. 29 goals in 126 games for Napoli. 1 goal in 15 games for Argentina. He may make assists but goals are the bread and butter of strikers.

Work rate maybe fantastic but it is not good enough for where we are going.

Enjoying being a Blue said:

His goal scoring record is poor for a striker. 29 goals in 126 games for Napoli. 1 goal in 15 games for Argentina. He may make assists but goals are the bread and butter of strikers.

He's not a striker though really is he?

Ask his club fans what they think of him

He's treated like a god

hes not an out and out striker, hes been playing inside right almost.

he has all the attributes to become a top class striker , and mancini thinks this too. he is very similar to tevez.

when tevez was at rags his scoring record wasnt great.

mancini might think he can work with him and get the best out of him.

power, pace, strength, skill, bravery , tenacity are all good skills to have and this guy has them in abundance.

see him against the dippers last year? i thought he was immense.

Lavezzi is not to be judged as a goalscorer, we have two players who are high level goalscorers (Aguero and Dzeko) and one who has the signs of being one (Balotelli). Lavezzi offers variety, he creates goals for the others, chips in a few of his own, and is a total nuisance when played as a wide forward/winger type.

Tired of hearing this, tbh. Do people want 25 Messis? Lavezzi is good enough for a Champions League team and that is "where we are going" at the moment.

EXACTLY!

I hate it when people can't accept my conviction as a justified opinion. We wouldn't be looking for a forward 3 with any single one of them having a supporting role. They should all carry a goal threat (Watch italian football formations or us in a 4-3-3).

zangatangring said:

EXACTLY!

I hate it when people can't accept my conviction as a justified opinion. We wouldn't be looking for a forward 3 with any single one of them having a supporting role. They should all carry a goal threat (Watch italian football formations or us in a 4-3-3).

if he was to sign, i absolutely guarantee after watching him, you will be eating your words. you will be so glad hes ours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.