F.A.O The 'Bellamy, Bellamy, Bellamy' Crowd

flb said:
blueinsa said:
I have never called for his head on here.

Last season and this i see a manager who sets out with a plan but football is a fluid game and often, plans have to change and in Bobby, i see a reluctance for him to change things and it's a weakness. He had the excuse of not his team last year and that's fair enough but in our biggest game in years against spuds at home we did nothing and i mean nothing!

This year i see a side that is 100% better defensively and credit to the man for that but going forward we are disjointed and devoid of ideas many times, Saturday proved that yet again.

A balance has to be found, defend when its needed, attack when not.

Bobby gets it right, City are successful and we all all like pigs in shit. I don't see people frothing at the mouth to get rid, unlike Hughes who was clearly out of his depth, rather i see fans that are frustrated by Bobby's seemingly one dimensional way of football.

Fair point from yourself to be fair fella but your one of the more mild mannered supporters.

theres a growing number who want him out and couldnt give a shit about the consequences-ie qualifying for the CL,without it we could be fucked.

CL qualification is an absolute must, it really is and for fans that say they want a cup rather than a top 4 finish, i can understand their sentiment but they are so so wrong!

For all his words that he is under no pressure, his tactics tell a different story to me. He needs to relax and show some faith and trust in his players and allow them to go out and express themselves more. His tactics against Chelsea, Rags, Scouse and Arsenal were spot on but against Brum et al at home, he needs to adapt a different approach and we will be fine :-)

Soulboy said:
DD, don't take this the wrong way... it may never happen again... but I actually agree with every word you have just posted.

Sorry, Soulboy.

Won't happen again ;-)

Soulboy said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Rubbish. Football fans and media dicate agendas.

The concerns for City fans at present, from outsiders, at the football they are witnessing, is touching.

City fans got rid of Swales.

City fans got in Franny Lee.

City fans got rid of Ellis and Reid.

City fans have always had to take a fair share of blame on our shortcomings.

If fans got rid of Swales, he'd have gone five years earlier than he finally did.

He left because he got the right deal. That's all. The fans never got him out, and we never put Franny in charge. The business deals did that. Like at any other takeover in any other football club.

How did the fans get rid of Reid and Ellis? No one from the club asked my opinion. I actually thought it was a stupid decision at the time and didn't support it. No mates of mine at the time thought Reid should have been sacked... so how did "we" get him the sack!?

It was a decision by the Chairman and his board... just as it has been for EVERY appointment or sacking in my lifetime.

Rather than blame City fans for the upheavals over the years, the board should get down on their bended knees and thank them for being so fucking patient throughout all their inadequacies and failings.

If Mancini does go, it will have nothing to do with the fans... it will be done by the board. Nothing will be any different with Mancini as it has been with every manager in the history of the club.

It really is the last resort when its the fans that get blamed for the activities of the club. Always remember "the fish stinks from the head"...can you imagine any other commercial organisation blaming the customers for being unhappy with their product?

The years seem to have clouded your memories?

Francis Lee announced his intentions to the Daily Mirror.

The fans started the Forward with Franny campaign.

You might not recall City fans visiting Swales at hospital.

We were played. Promised a brighter future, when it got worse than ever.

Swales did not sell because he got the right deal, he went because he had no other options.

He hung out and settled for a pittance.

John Dunklerley and Colin Barlow, took the financial piss.

As for Reid, again you are incorrect. The league position was not the issue, it was the style of football (sound familiar?)

Peter Reid was accused of listening too much to Sam Elliis. Swales attempted to get Reid to sack him, he refused, and walked.

How many people would have kept with Reid if they knew what the next 15 years would bring?

The debate has been sidetracked. I will say it again, the fans who sang for Bellamy were out of order.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
The debate has been sidetracked. I will say it again, the fans who sang for Bellamy were out of order.

I honestly don't think anyone is disagreeing with you on that point mate.

Tolm, you are wrong about Reid and Ellis.

The fans didn't like Ellis as he was perceived to be a long ball merchant. Reid was popular. We were a few games into the season and Swales appointed John Maddock as "general manager". He promply sacked Reid.

The fans were not happy and that's when The Swales Out campaign escalated to the point where Lee arrived.

VinceYoungisaBLUE said:
Fuck you mate, I deserve a much better fucking performance for all the money I gladly spend on the club. They are my team and I stick by them so I feel with what we have going for us HELL YA WE DESERVE it. So fuck off.
nothing more to add

blueinsa said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Fair enough. But as an elaboration on the point, we can't say as Dave says, how important we are and have been as fans of this great club.

And on the flip side, completely dismiss any impact our actions may have on decisions and the team.

For what it's worth, a significant clutch appear to have downed tools.

This is what will sound the death knell.

I take great offence against players who don't leave their shit at the door for 90 minutes.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
blueinsa said:

Fair enough. But as an elaboration on the point, we can't say as Dave says, how important we are and have been as fans of this great club.

And on the flip side, completely dismiss any impact our actions may have on decisions and the team.

For what it's worth, a significant clutch appear to have downed tools.

This is what will sound the death knell.

I take great offence against players who don't leave their shit at the door for 90 minutes.

You said we will never be successful because of our fans. That's what you're being taken to task about, Tolm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.