F.A.O The 'Bellamy, Bellamy, Bellamy' Crowd

Didsbury Dave said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
I'm interested in why you think his tenure has been a real setback for ''the project''?

Because we are 12 months and £135 million down the line and we have won nothing and not progressed in the league. The press are sneering at us, neutrals dislike us, we've got a reputation for throwing money around, the dressing room is unhappy and the fans are unhappy.

To be fair most of those points could also have been aimed at Hughes (who I assume you supported). The press suddenly became Hughes fans once we sacked him but they weren't positive about him or us while he was in charge. Hughes also threw lots of money about, neutrals disliked the way we went about things, particularly in the transfer market with us supposedly treating clubs badly. Hughes didn't win anything and we were never going to get 4th place last season (imo) whilst he was in charge. A fair percentage of the supporters seemed to be unhappy (similar to now I would imagine) and whilst the dressing room may have been happy, they weren't showing it on the pitch with some dire home results against teams that were inferior to Birmingham. Personally, whilst I have reservations about Mancini, I do feel we will finish in the top 4 this season so there will have been progress. I don't think Mancini has been a disaster at all, the problem is more to do with the division within the support which imo comes from the fact that 50% of supporters have never moved on from Hughes and are therefore leaping on any opportunity to undermine Mancini. You have said yourself that if Mancini goes, the club will be in the shit, I suggest that supporters give the guy a break, for this reason alone, even if they do not like him.

Didsbury Dave said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
Won nothing? Since he came we've only had one chance of winning a trophy. getting beat with the last kick of one of the best teams in England over two legs is hardly shocking and it's hardly something to say it's been a real setback over

We've not progressed in the leauge? We are now a third of the way through the premier leauge season and find ourselves just 3 points behind United, 4 behind Arsenal and 6 behind Chelsea. After playing 13 games last season we were 11 points behind Chelsea, 9 behind United with a game in hand and 3 behind Arsenal but they had played one less. We are closer to the top of the leauge at this stage of the season than we were last season, how is that not progress or do you just look at the points total at this stage compared to last season and not factor in who we've played? Where did you expect us to be at this stage of the season?

We were in the semis of the CC Cup and blew it with cautious play in the first leg.

We were in the FA Cup but blew it with an awful, negative home performance against Stoke.

We were odds on for 4th place but blew it by not attacking the top teams towards the end of the season.

We crashed out of the carling cup to West Brom's reserves.

In the league we are doing about the same now as we were under Hughes. Ina year where our competitors are faltering, we could have been right up there.

I notice you failed to pick up on all the off the field stuff I mentioned, too.

Cautious play in the first leg? I won't go into that again but i don't agree with that. We matched United over two games despite having a rookie at centre half for both of the games and an injury time goal and lack of concentration cost us, it happens.

Take your point with regards to the Fa Cup and i completely understood Mancini's selection in the Carling Cup to WBA

In the leauge we are doing the same as we were doing under Hughes in terms of points however at this stage last season i was probably quite happy in terms of where we were in the leauge and how many points we were on so it'd foolish to say i'd not pleased with where we are now. What happened from this point last season was we continued to draw games and not go on any sort of winning run, that was the key. Mancini cannot allow that to happen and has to build on a solid start to the season, if we do that we'll be fine, if not he'll be under pressure. I'll ask you again, where did you expect us to be at this stage of the season? Equal points with Chelsea, 3 in front of them?

I didn't mention the off the field stuff as the the press will sneer at us, the neutrels will dislike us irrelevent of whether Mancini is the manager or not

Failsworth_Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
We were in the semis of the CC Cup and blew it with cautious play in the first leg.

We were in the FA Cup but blew it with an awful, negative home performance against Stoke.

We were odds on for 4th place but blew it by not attacking the top teams towards the end of the season.

We crashed out of the carling cup to West Brom's reserves.

In the league we are doing about the same now as we were under Hughes. Ina year where our competitors are faltering, we could have been right up there.

I notice you failed to pick up on all the off the field stuff I mentioned, too.

Cautious play in the first leg? I won't go into that again but i don't agree with that. We matched United over two games despite having a rookie at centre half for both of the games and an injury time goal and lack of concentration cost us, it happens.

Take your point with regards to the Fa Cup and i completely understood Mancini's selection in the Carling Cup to WBA

In the leauge we are doing the same as we were doing under Hughes in terms of points however at this stage last season i was probably quite happy in terms of where we were in the leauge and how many points we were on so it'd foolish to say i'd not pleased with where we are now. What happened from this point last season was we continued to draw games and not go on any sort of winning run, that was the key. Mancini cannot allow that to happen and has to build on a solid start to the season, if we do that we'll be fine, if not he'll be under pressure. I'll ask you again, where did you expect us to be at this stage of the season? Equal points with Chelsea, 3 in front of them?

I didn't mention the off the field stuff as the the press will sneer at us, the neutrels will dislike us irrelevent of whether Mancini is the manager or not

That first leg against Utd was there for the taking at 2-1 up. We went into our shell, lost the advantage and hung on for dear life. At full time Mancini celebrated like he'd won the cup and that's when it started to dawn on me that he was the wrong man for us. Oh, and I thought leaving Nedum in the stand and playing a rookie was a mistake too. Arguably it cost us the second leg.

In the league, with the players we have, I expected us to be competing with Man Utd and Chelsea. 4th isn't bad but we are not the 4th best team in the country. But the performances have, in the main , been woeful.

With regards to the off-field stuff, the fact that the dressing room is unhappy is hugely relevant whether you like it or not. And the fact that the fans are turning on Mancini is too.

Lancet Fluke said:
[To be fair most of those points could also have been aimed at Hughes (who I assume you supported).

It baffles me why people make this assumption.

Don't you think it possible to think both were the wrong appointments?

Didsbury Dave said:
Lancet Fluke said:
[To be fair most of those points could also have been aimed at Hughes (who I assume you supported).

Dave it 4:30 and I dont think youve done a jot of work today

Didsbury Dave said:
Failsworth_Blue said:

That first leg against Utd was there for the taking at 2-1 up. We went into our shell, lost the advantage and hung on for dear life. At full time Mancini celebrated like he'd won the cup and that's when it started to dawn on me that he was the wrong man for us. Oh, and I thought leaving Nedum in the stand and playing a rookie was a mistake too. Arguably it cost us the second leg.

In the league, with the players we have, I expected us to be competing with Man Utd and Chelsea. 4th isn't bad but we are not the 4th best team in the country. But the performances have, in the main , been woeful.

With regards to the off-field stuff, the fact that the dressing room is unhappy is hugely relevant whether you like it or not. And the fact that the fans are turning on Mancini is too.

The problem with the home derby is that a team of Uniteds quality when they are struggling will towards the end of the game step it up a gear and put teams under pressure and there is only so much the opposition can do.Look at there game on Saturday, they were poor on Saturday, Villa should have finished them off but all of a sudden they realised they needed to do something and stepped it up a gear and as much as Villa tried to keep getting forward they were pinned in for the last 10 minutes or so. Sometimes you just to accept that nearly all the time, the top teams will at some stage have a dominant period especially when they are trailing

In the leauge we are competing with United and Chelsea, we are just 3 points behind United unless you see 3 points as too much of a gap at this stage?

Of course IF the dressing room is unhappy its relevent however but are we talking the whole dressing room being happy or just certain aspects within it? What impact does the fans turning on Mancini have? I don't actually think they are turning on him but your entitled to your opinion

Didsbury Dave said:
Lancet Fluke said:

Fair enough, if you thought Hughes was the wrong man too I apologise. In my experience though nearly every one I speak to who dislikes Mancini is very pro Hughes.

Failsworth_Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:

The problem with the home derby is that a team of Uniteds quality when they are struggling will towards the end of the game step it up a gear and put teams under pressure and there is only so much the opposition can do.Look at there game on Saturday, they were poor on Saturday, Villa should have finished them off but all of a sudden they realised they needed to do something and stepped it up a gear and as much as Villa tried to keep getting forward they were pinned in for the last 10 minutes or so. Sometimes you just to accept that nearly all the time, the top teams will at some stage have a dominant period especially when they are trailing

In the leauge we are competing with United and Chelsea, we are just 3 points behind United unless you see 3 points as too much of a gap at this stage?

Of course IF the dressing room is unhappy its relevent however but are we talking the whole dressing room being happy or just certain aspects within it? What impact does the fans turning on Mancini have? I don't actually think they are turning on him but your entitled to your opinion

Let's forget about last seasons derby, shall we?

I think it's pretty damned obvious that the fans are turning on Mancini. Not all, but a sizeable portion. Bluemoon does serve as something of a barometer but the fans at the game are a better one. With regards to the dressing room, what level of unrest there is I don't know and who specifially is involved I don't know. But there's clearly been an ongoing problem there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.