F@@k off Hughes (MERGED)

Re: F@@k off Hughes

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
squirtyflower said:
the amount we have spent goes up with every post

Just my first thought. By a factor of £100m. Wonder who will post the first thread that claims Hughes has wasted a billion?

200mil....300mil......whatever. It's still a hell of alot of money for such poor performances.

FeedTheGoat10 said:
Pam said:
AND YOU KNOW THIS, HOW?
Jose's doing great in italy. He's won everything in England, so before he comes back here he'll have won everything in italy and spain. ie 5+ years. If we do get him, yeah great.. But there aren't many better than hughes for the job at the moment.

Wouldn't be too sure. Keeps making noises about coming back to England. Don't think he's enjoying his Italy experience so much.

I have given Hughes my support but at some point a line has to be drawn and 1 win 10 for a team that has spent £200 million is quite simply unnacceptable.

I do not believe for a second that the players we have are not good enough so the problem has to be something else and where else do you look other than the manager? If he can not motivate the best squad in the clubs history then someone has to pull the trigger and get someone else in who can.

I think Hughes is a decent manager but its becoming clearer by the game that he is now well and truly out of his depth, in some ways the takeover and massive cash injection was the worst thing that could have happened for Hughes because expectation sky rocketed off the chart overnight. I actually think with no money he would have us where we are in the league at this moment in time and we fans would have been reasonably happy but im sorry when you spend £200 million the targets are a little higher than 8th in the league, sitting just below Birmingham.

The squad we have is a top 4 squad unfortunately I think we have a top 6/8 manager and the two just do not go together. Get Mourinho in at the start of January and we will finish top 4 I have no doubts about that, stick with Hughes and we will finish top 6 and the owners will sack him in the Summer anyway! I know some people will come back with 'The owners said top 6 is what the aim is' but the talk of the players and even Hughes over the past few weeks tells you that top 4 is in fact the target.

For those saying he wont come, Mourinho is far from stupid, yes he can stay at Inter and win yet another league title but that is not the clubs aim, the club want the Champions League and Mourinho will know his team are not good enough for that. Potentially City will win the Champions League before Inter and Jose will know this.

The top 4 spot is there for the taking and Mourinho will take it, offer him whatever it takes for him to come and we will be playing Champions League football next year!

Dont see how anyone really thought he'd be a good manager anyway. He's had only 4yrs experience at Blackburn (not even gonna bother including the part-time managerial position with Wales) yet all of a sudden he's the right man to turn this club around ? He's done fuck all since he's been here except blow over 200mil on overpriced shit.....

Cant see him being sacked before the game on saturday as Bowen who is just as clueless will also be out the door so who would take over? I say keep him until saturday and no matter what the result is get rid on sunday because 1 result cant change it for him and tbh hes had enough time and spent enough money. Hiddink for me as he did a fine job with chelsea without buying any one so with Guus in charge and a couple of good additions in january i think top 6 is achievable easily

QUESTION: Apart from Scunny, have we dominated one game all season? I can remember us doing it last year! This year, no way! Hughes can't get the team together as one!

I looked forward to this season, thinking we may be able to cause an upset. Takes the piss when you'll have to wait till next season, having fucked this one up.

I have to say after last night, im starting to waver.

Its the motivation of our side that alarms me most. The players are exceptional, they are not shit. Tevez and Ireland looked like the only ones who could be bothered last night.

Watching the game you could see the problems instantly. In bringing on Roque Santa Cruz the tactics were so one dimensional it was disgusting. Long ball time. How Hughes did not see until a further 12 minutes that in bringing on RSC to partner Ade we needed width to deliver crosses into the box. We had absolutely zero, yet sat on the bench was Petrov and Weiss. Eventually he brings on Petrov, but by that time the game is well and truly lost.

The formation screamed panic and clueless. Tevez was playing in the centre circle, Ade and RSC in the same position, almost tripping over one another. I have not a clue what position Barry and Ireland were playing. I dont thing they did either.

The lack of urgency was a disgrace. 1.0 down and we did nothing, it seemed as though we were hoping to keep the game tight and then try and go for it in the last few minutes. At 2.0 down we still did nothing but Hughes has the audacity to state that the third was a result of us going for the game. Did he miss the part where from their corner we had three players stood motionless by the flag in an attempt to try and pressure for possession, who were literally passed through like traffic cones.

Anything other than a victory against Sunderland will end it for me. His tactics are non existent at times and the motivation of our squad as well as the confidence is devastated. How a front three of Tevez, Robinho and Adebayor can look useless is just beyond me. They are three of the most talented and dangerous frontmen in the world and yet they look like academy graduates.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.