F1 2024 season

Look; I understand the hatred for MV. The way he won his first title, depriving a British driver, was always likely to rub Hamilton fans up the wrong way. Perfectly understandable. Also; he does come across as arrogant, and not easy to like. But as far as I know (which isn't very far), he, or Horner, didn't write that rule about the safety car on that night at the Yas Marina circuit in 2021. Would Mercedes have done the same if the roles were reversed? Of course they would. And even if Hamilton had held on, and clinched the title, it was only likely to delay the inevitable by a year. MV has pretty much sleepwalked to the next two championships.
I'm very surprised Mercedes didn't call Hamilton in for fresh tyres during the safety car, like virtually everyone else did. Thise tyres made the difference, and the way they'd built up the race, both drivers on equal points, to end the race on a safety car would have seen a major backlash. Ideally, they should have red flagged the race, cleared Latifi, and then restarted with 5 laps of racing.

But that's by the by. I do find Max to be an arrogant arse, but he clearly has talent to make the car work for him and is winning, regularly by a huge margin. I don't have a dog in the Abu Dhabi drama fight, neither being a Max or Lewis fan, but i've rarely given it a second thought. To assume that dangerous driving is part of Max's DNA whilst ignoring Lewis's own controversial moments (of which there have been MANY) makes no sense to me.

Oh yeah get it's RB turn now was Hamilton this dominant or people saying now that verstappen looks like will win every race he is in
The Mercedes was dominant. Drivers couldn't get close to Bottas either.

..... I do find Max to be an arrogant arse......
A lot of those you posted earlier could be classed the same way. Even Hamilton; it may not be arrogance per se, but there's something about him that I can't properly define. Aloofness (made up word?), maybe. Plenty of the great F1 drivers in the last 30 or so years were "arrogant" to a greater or lesser degree. Schumacher, Senna, Prost, Vettel, Rosberg (jnr), Alonso, even Mansell (that might have been the accent, mind!). Maybe that's what gives them the edge. "Nice guys don't win", right?

A lot of those you posted earlier could be classed the same way. Even Hamilton; it may not be arrogance per se, but there's something about him that I can't properly define. Aloofness (made up word?), maybe. Plenty of the great F1 drivers in the last 30 or so years were "arrogant" to a greater or lesser degree. Schumacher, Senna, Prost, Vettel, Rosberg (jnr), Alonso, even Mansell (that might have been the accent, mind!). Maybe that's what gives them the edge. "Nice guys don't win", right?
I've always preferred the Hill, Hakkinen, Alonso, Raikkonen and Rosberg champions myself.

As for Hamilton, I personally go with arrogance. And that endless whining of his; "the tyres, he pushed me off, he gave me no room..." went off him after 2015.

I've always preferred the Hill, Hakkinen, Alonso, Raikkonen and Rosberg champions myself.

As for Hamilton, I personally go with arrogance. And that endless whining of his; "the tyres, he pushed me off, he gave me no room..." went off him after 2015.
Hill did come across as an okay bloke. And Barrichello (and I got that right without first googling it!) seemed alright. And yes; I know he wasn't a world champion! Ditto Ricciardo, though the permanent grin could wear thin!

Hill did come across as an okay bloke. And Barrichello (and I got that right without first googling it!) seemed alright. And yes; I know he wasn't a world champion! Ditto Ricciardo, though the permanent grin could wear thin!
Hakkinen was something special. Barrichello couldn't be allowed to progress in that Ferrari team. One I also feel for was Mark Webber. Could have been champion at least once and seemed like a decent bloke.

Hakkinen was something special. Barrichello couldn't be allowed to progress in that Ferrari team. One I also feel for was Mark Webber. Could have been champion at least once and seemed like a decent bloke.
Can’t be easy being the number two driver in a team. Yeah; the money is good. But they'll never get the glory the main guy gets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.