F1 2024 season

Think some of you should know Verstappen had been warning the team for quite some time about the non progress of the car and tactical failures he has kept hidden by winning races. Apparently lots of team members rest on their laurels and it has now come to the point a gentle ‘pay attention’ turned into an unpleasant tirade that maybe wake up a few. Especially in these times people seem less able to handle criticism when someone says it directly in to their face in clear words. Loads of top athletes and winners carry this mentality. Verstappen could’ve sticked to the nice voice. He didn’t. The past is the past. Challenge yourself over and over again. Pep Guardiola says it year after year.

Yeah, maybe. They seemed to go into quite a lot of detail about data from other laps on that corner.

MV braked too late and made no attempt to turn into the corner from what I saw, but as I say, I’m not an F1 expert.

I thought it came down to:
MV said Hamilton turned in. LH said it was his normal racing line. They found the second was true, which made the first irrelevant.

MV was given some leeway because the lock-up meant he had no chance of trying to turn as well.

I thought a large amount of it is likely to be because LH didn't lose out from it, and MV did. LH saying in the post-race interview that he thought it was a racing incident was useful to the stewards in view of these.

Think some of you should know Verstappen had been warning the team for quite some time about the non progress of the car and tactical failures he has kept hidden by winning races. Apparently lots of team members rest on their laurels and it has now come to the point a gentle ‘pay attention’ turned into an unpleasant tirade that maybe wake up a few. Especially in these times people seem less able to handle criticism when someone says it directly in to their face in clear words. Loads of top athletes and winners carry this mentality. Verstappen could’ve sticked to the nice voice. He didn’t. The past is the past. Challenge yourself over and over again. Pep Guardiola says it year after year.

Red Bull got lightyears ahead of everyone with the new regulations from 2022 onwards which has given them huge success in dominating the sport. They haven’t got much more advantage to eek out of these regulations and the other teams are starting to understand them better compared to two years ago when Red Bull could ride stable and low to floor when everyone else was either bouncing or running the ride height too high to not get the ground effect going.

This season reminds me of 2009 when Braun GP smashed the early part of the season and got out in front in both the drivers and constructer championships. Red Bull then finished strong and led the platform for Vettel to win three back to back championships. Potentially we could see this with McClaren, they’ve come along way from where they were riding round at the back of the grid with an underpowered Honda engine to now competing for race wins. Who says Formula One is boring? The last three races have been fantastic viewing, Verstappen getting his elbows out has been some good viewing.

Stella / Brown need to make a ruthless decision though.

A combination of being “nice” and fumbling another strategy call cost them points again yesterday.

Leaving Norris out front was objectively the best outcome for the team. He is the lead driver and the closest to Verstappen.

McLaren have always had this bit of a soft underbelly, which when they’re not competitive makes them very likeable but now they’re back at the sharp end of the grid they need to make some tough decisions.

And frankly, Piastri needs to learn his place and realise he’s a young driver whose time will come.

I say all this as a long suffering McLaren fan.

I do wonder if Zak Brown was actually there yesterday he’d have overruled the team and kept Norris out front.
McClaren are starting to look like the heir apparent to RB dominance. Luckily I think they'll learn from their lesson yesterday. I agree with everything above. Norris is made number 1 driver and Piastri is groomed to take over once Lando moves on to a legacy team. Which I think could happen a few years down the line should he have a title or two in his bag.

Theres ways of voicing your concerns.

Being a petulant, whiny woman in public isn't one of them.

McClaren are starting to look like the heir apparent to RB dominance. Luckily I think they'll learn from their lesson yesterday. I agree with everything above. Norris is made number 1 driver and Piastri is groomed to take over once Lando moves on to a legacy team. Which I think could happen a few years down the line should he have a title or two in his bag.

It’ll be interesting to see how it works out with Lando.

While they’re winning / on the up he’ll stay but as you say, a few years down the line who knows.

Until we’re well into 2026 nobody really knows what the medium term future looks like for anyone.

Could be Haas tearing it up (ok maybe not).

McLaren themselves have demonstrated how volatile the sport can be though. It feels like they went from being last and in crisis mode to fighting right at the front in the space of about two races!

I can't stand him, I think he is a danger to others and comes across as a right twonk

The mask definitely slipped yesterday. The “old” Max - petulant, entitled, and prone to stack it into someone else’s gearbox - was fully back on show.

I can’t wait until Lando wins his first title. He’s my favourite driver since Button by miles. A proper gentleman racer who drives with finesse and class, not some jumped up little dickhead who puts other drivers in danger.

Paint that McLaren shiny silver and it could actually be JB behind the wheel he’s that smooth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.