F1 2024 season

Not a huge F1 fan, so please correct my blind spot, but how was the Verstappen incident today not his fault?

Reading the stewards’ findings, it seems they put more blame on Hamilton, even though it looked to me like an uber-aggressive undertake by MV into an acute corner which basically brake checked Hamilton.

Not a huge F1 fan, so please correct my blind spot, but how was the Verstappen incident today not his fault?

Reading the stewards’ findings, it seems they put more blame on Hamilton, even though it looked to me like an uber-aggressive undertake by MV into an acute corner which basically brake checked Hamilton.
Neither driver found to be clearly to blame.....

Neither driver found to be clearly to blame.....

Yeah, although car 44 could have done more to avoid the collision.

So could car 1!

The person that reply was to clearly mentioned MV having access to the best car in the period when he was donibantIf you want to level that at him, then surely you have to say the same thing about Hamilton. That's what I was replying to, not talking about him cryarsing today.

But they’re linked points. The point he was making wasn’t having a go at Max having a best car, it was the lack of gratitude shown on days like today to a team and staff that contributed very recently to his success.

But they’re linked points. The point he was making wasn’t having a go at Max having a best car, it was the lack of gratitude shown on days like today to a team and staff that contributed very recently to his success.
We clearly disagree re the context. I'm not going to argue with you all night about it. I won't change your mind, or vice versa.

It might be down to the fact Hamilton described it to them as a racing incident, whereas Verstappen blamed Hamilton. So they only addressed Hamilton's potential responsibility

Saying that, they should probably be making these decisions independently of what either driver thought

It might be down to the fact Hamilton described it to them as a racing incident, whereas Verstappen blamed Hamilton. So they only addressed Hamilton's potential responsibility

Saying that, they should probably be making these decisions independently of what either driver thought
Yeah, maybe. They seemed to go into quite a lot of detail about data from other laps on that corner.

MV braked too late and made no attempt to turn into the corner from what I saw, but as I say, I’m not an F1 expert.

McClaren seem to be rapidly reeling in the RB cars. Could be an interesting second half of the season, in contrast to the last dozen or so, when one driver or the other has dominated.

Stella / Brown need to make a ruthless decision though.

A combination of being “nice” and fumbling another strategy call cost them points again yesterday.

Leaving Norris out front was objectively the best outcome for the team. He is the lead driver and the closest to Verstappen.

McLaren have always had this bit of a soft underbelly, which when they’re not competitive makes them very likeable but now they’re back at the sharp end of the grid they need to make some tough decisions.

And frankly, Piastri needs to learn his place and realise he’s a young driver whose time will come.

I say all this as a long suffering McLaren fan.

I do wonder if Zak Brown was actually there yesterday he’d have overruled the team and kept Norris out front.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.