FA confirm Southgate will stay on until after Euro 2024 (p 101)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posts like these make me smile. They take random extreme posts from random people on a partisan football forum and then put them together as if it represents some sort of majority view. It's a regular tactic of people with a minority opinion.

I can do it as well:

Posts on here from people who appreciate Southgate seem to alternate between him being the most successful English manager to it's time for him to go because that's enough thank you very much.

I was specifically talking about extreme posts on this forum. Not claiming it was a majority opinion.

Your analogy doesn’t really work anyway. It would be a perfectly reasonable assessment to suggest a successful manager has come to the end of the road and it’s time to move on. Mancini?

I was specifically talking about extreme posts on this forum. Not claiming it was a majority opinion.

Your analogy doesn’t really work anyway. It would be a perfectly reasonable assessment to suggest a successful manager has come to the end of the road and it’s time to move on. Mancini?

Fair enough and I grant you my weak analogy but, in my defence, having the best English squad for ages and the non-City players being shit aren't necessarily mutually exclusive either.

From his point of view it makes sense as he would only get a Everton type or championship job and would soon slide into obscurity in the lower divisions.

Where else does failure pay so high for so little proper work. Its a bit shit for the fans though and he must know he lacks the skills to succeed. His personal gain is more important than the fans or the players I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.